none
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

Question

• i build desktop application which is runing fine. but when i deploy it to some other computer i got the following error
    can some one resolve my problem.
    thanks

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304'
    at GUIManager.frmRptViewer.InitializeComponent()
    at GUIManager.frmRptViewer..ctor(String qry) in D:\TF Atendance System\GUIManager\frmRptViewer.cs:line 17
    at GUIManager.FrmRptEmployeeDetail.btnGenerate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\TF Atendance System\GUIManager\FrmRptEmployeeDetail.cs:line 78
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note:

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 5:23 PM

Answers

• The error is saying that you are missing a dll need for Crystal Decisions.  There is probably some sort of redist package you need to install on the computer for it to run properly.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:25 PM

All replies

• The error is saying that you are missing a dll need for Crystal Decisions.  There is probably some sort of redist package you need to install on the computer for it to run properly.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:25 PM
  • I have exactly the same error and I am distributing the CrystalReports10_NET_EmbeddedReporting.msm merge module.  Do I have to include more merge modules?  According to the Business Objects website I did everything correctly.  I included the Crystal Reports key too.  This is a very irritating problem, particularily when I followed their directions as correctly as I could.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;

Dave

Sunday, September 07, 2008 5:34 AM
  • Hi Guys,

I am also getting same problem. Please help me.. I have stucked to go live

I am using LINQ with n-tier

below is the error information

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'BusinessFacade, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 83:         <add assembly="System.Data.DataSetExtensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    Line 84: <add assembly="System.Xml.Linq, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    Line 85: <add assembly="BusinessFacade, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=null"/>
    Line 86: <add assembly="DataAccess, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=null"/>
    Line 87: <add assembly="DataLinq, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=null"/>

Source File: D:\web.config    Line: 85

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'BusinessFacade, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=en-GB, PublicKeyToken=null' could not be loaded.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information:  Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 8:01 AM
  • Yes, just check the properties of your referenced Crystal DLLs and select "Copy Local" = true. Then publish your solution again.
    Monday, June 15, 2009 10:16 AM
  • Please check if your dlls are registered with proper key
    then check if you have permission to access the path where dll resides
    Then check if your dll's framework version matches with your version no in config file
    Friday, January 29, 2010 11:54 AM
  • I have the same problem, but also have some helpful tests.

Environment:

Brand new clean Windows 2008 64 bit enterprise server R2

Brand new clean VS 2010

I'm on a company domain.

I can create a new ASP.NET Web Application, and only the .NET 4.0 projects don't work, and displays the error.

.NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 all work fine.

I even tried an empty web site using .NET 4.0 and I still get the error.

I have a directory off C:\WebConfigTests, and have added each of the projects under it, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.0 clean empty web site.

I have full domain permissions on the WebConfigTests directory.

Would like any additional suggestions.

Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:48 AM
  • I have the same problem, but also have some helpful tests.

Environment:

Brand new clean Windows 2008 64 bit enterprise server R2

Brand new clean VS 2010

I'm on a company domain.

I can create a new ASP.NET Web Application, and only the .NET 4.0 projects don't work, and displays the error.

.NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 all work fine.

I even tried an empty web site using .NET 4.0 and I still get the error.

I have a directory off C:\WebConfigTests, and have added each of the projects under it, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.0 clean empty web site.

I have full domain permissions on the WebConfigTests directory.

Would like any additional suggestions.

I have exactly the same error but when i add 2 .dll in my project.

I can easily use other dll files and also i can use these dll fiels in other projects.

please Help me

Sunday, December 12, 2010 8:58 AM
  • HI

I solved my problem in .Net windows application.

I Build My solution and clean it.After That I easily add my .dll Files to my Project

Good Luck

• Proposed as answer by KRISHANA KUMAR Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:12 AM
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 9:03 AM
  • Setting up Fusion- you can try this one..

Redundant info maybe, but here are two ways to enable Fusion.

For modern developers - PowerShell

PS C:\Users\Bart> new-itemproperty -path HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion -n EnableLog -t Dword -va 1

PSPath       : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\               Microsoft\Fusion
    PSParentPath : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\               Microsoft
    PSChildName  : Fusion
    PSDrive      : HKLM
    PSProvider   : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry
    EnableLog    : 1

For command-line freaks - reg.exe

C:\temp>reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion /v EnableLog /t REG_DWORD /d 1
    The operation completed successfully.

Krishana Kumar
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:12 AM