none
ClickOnce hangs at "verifying application requirements..."

Question

•  

I'm getting sporadic error reports from some clients of my ClickOnce application. Specifically, they report that the "verifying application requirements. This may take a few moments" dialog appears and hangs there forever, and the application is never installed or run.

Any idea what might be happening here?

-Sean

Monday, April 07, 2008 2:24 PM

All replies

• How long is "forever"? 10 minutes? An hour? What is the internet connection like? (We had this problem, then found out the customer had a dial-up line. Really.) That is the most likely culprit, assuming that other customers are able to install correctly.

RobinS.

GoldMail.com

Monday, April 07, 2008 8:23 PM
  •  

Thinking about this a little more, you're probably right that it's a bandwidth problem at some point in the pipe, otherwise there'd be an error message. Strange, though because application is only about 2 MB uncompressed and less than half that size with HTTP compression, which we have turned on.

-Sean

Thursday, April 10, 2008 7:10 PM
  • I am having a similar issue with one of my users:  the "verifying application requirements" screen shows up, goes away, and then nothing happens; the application is never installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kelly
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:26 PM
  •  Have you tried turning off the user's anti-virus program, and making sure the firewall is not excluding access to the deployment?

RobinS.
    GoldMail.com
    Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:27 AM