The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

Question

• I have an application that is distributed with click-once. One of my users already makes use of it for quite some time without any problems. Only recently, he is not able to launch the application anymore.

During the check that is made to see if there is a new version of the software, he gets the message: "Application cannot be started, contact vendor"

If I copy my application manually, he is able to launch it without any problem.

I included the detailled log below.

Any suggestions?

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
     Windows    : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
     Common Language Runtime  : 2.0.50727.42
     System.Deployment.dll   : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     mscorwks.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     dfdll.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
     dfshim.dll    : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES
     Deployment url   :
    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HEL/Start%20Menu/Programs/BARCO%20NV/Corporate%20Associates.appref-ms

ERROR SUMMARY
     Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
     * Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\HEL\Start Menu\Programs\BARCO NV\Corporate Associates.appref-ms resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
     No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
     There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
     * [11/07/2006 11:37:13 ] : Activation of C:\Documents and Settings\HEL\Start Menu\Programs\BARCO NV\Corporate Associates.appref-ms has started.

ERROR DETAILS
     Following errors were detected during this operation.
     * [11/07/2006 11:37:13 ] System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
      - The referenced assembly is not installed on your system. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B3)
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.GetAssemblyInformation(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity, Guid& riid)
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.GetAssemblyManifest(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionIdentity DefinitionIdentity)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(DefinitionIdentity subId)
       at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.GetSubscriptionStateInternal(SubscriptionState subState)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ProcessOrFollowShortcut(String shortcutFile, TempFile& deployFile)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
     No transaction information is available.

Thursday, July 13, 2006 3:16 PM

Answers