none
'Microsoft Office Bootstrapper has stopped working'

General discussion

• I have got Windows Vista Ultimate (original, liscenced) installed on my computer, everytime I try to install Microsoft Office (2003 0r 2007) on it, the error message I get is that 'Microsoft Office Bootstrapper has stopped working'. I am getting very frustrated. I even reinstalled my OS afresh but to no avail. Can anyone please help me with this?
    Saturday, July 04, 2009 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi bijujose,

Please install Office from another driver. You can also change the driver letter to get a same result.

You can follow these steps to change the letter of a driver:

1.    Right click the Computer and select Manage.

2.    Select Storage -> Disk Management.

3.    Right click the driver which contains the install package.

4.    Select Change Drive Letter and Paths…

5.    Change the letter of the driver on the dialog.

Let me know if this helps.
    Aland Li

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, July 07, 2009 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by opening the Options list at the top of the post window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Aland Li

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 10:34 AM
  • In case of Microsoft Office 2003, you can use PRO11.MSI instead of using Setup.exe to install. I have got the success. Give it a try.
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:44 AM
  • what about office 2007? Are there any solution like what you informed in office 2003?
    Tuesday, November 02, 2010 12:27 PM
  • I recently had a problem with Bootstrapper stopped working  during the install Office 2010 on a brand new Win7 Pro PC.  I also tried Office 2007 to make sure my office 2010 DVD was not the issue. I had the same Bootstrapper error on both Office 2007 and 2010.

The fix for me was to update the new PC to Net Framework 4 and then Office 2010 Pro installed perfectly

Hope this info helps anyone with this issue.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:00 PM
  • THIS IS PERFECT!!! My PC wouldnt run fix it until I tried this one. THANK YOU!!!

Monday, October 08, 2012 1:42 AM