none
mt.exe -manifest error

Question

• Dear all,

I have the project for deployment project use. When I compile the solutions. it show below error. Do you know how to solve???

The command ""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\..\..\SDK\v2.0\bin\mt.exe" -manifest "C:\Blacks\ServerSetup.Actions\ServerSetup.dll.manifest" – outputresource:"C:\lib\ServerSetup.Actions.v10.09.dll";#1" exited with code 3. 

Friday, December 03, 2010 5:59 AM

Answers

• Dear All,

One of the manifest files in the deployment is syntactically not valid, or contains a hash that cannot be reconciled with the corresponding file. This error may also indicate that the manifest embedded inside an assembly is corrupted. Re-create your deployment and recompile your application, or find and fix the errors manually in your manifests.

Solution:

select project properties and in assembely inofrmation set "Create Application without manifest" value from menfist list.

set this value in all includede projects in solution

my problem resolved, by setting above propertes.

• Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Friday, December 10, 2010 5:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:23 AM

All replies

• Is it the problem in conversion from VS2005 to VS2010??

As the source code previously is VS 2005 which generate the file ServerSetup.dll.manifest.

But in VS 2010, I delete this file or exclude this file from the project, it cannot regenerate this file.

How to do then??

Please help!!!

Saturday, December 04, 2010 12:41 AM
  • Hello Chiu,

What kind of project you are going to deploy? Which version of Visual Studio you using? Would you discribe more about the your senario?

Regards,
    Helen Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework to download or request code samples from Microsoft Community Team!
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:03 AM
  • I have converted code from vs 2005 to vs 2010, my application publish succeed, when i want to install get an error message "Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue." can any one have solution

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 7:19 AM
  • Dear All,

One of the manifest files in the deployment is syntactically not valid, or contains a hash that cannot be reconciled with the corresponding file. This error may also indicate that the manifest embedded inside an assembly is corrupted. Re-create your deployment and recompile your application, or find and fix the errors manually in your manifests.

Solution:

select project properties and in assembely inofrmation set "Create Application without manifest" value from menfist list.

set this value in all includede projects in solution

my problem resolved, by setting above propertes.

• Marked as answer by Helen Zhou Friday, December 10, 2010 5:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 08, 2010 8:23 AM