none
Displaying ppt files in fullscreen

Question

• Hi!

I'm developing a Winforms application that needs open a powerpoint presentation when a certain event occurs in the application, and start displaying the slides. When the presentation is finished I need to close the presentation.

Does anyone know how I should approach this?

Regards,

Vidar

Friday, April 14, 2006 10:03 AM

All replies

• Do you need to open the presentaion within the form or as a new Process?
    Friday, April 14, 2006 12:24 PM
  • Whatever works best/easiest. My only requirements are that I can show it fullscreen and that I'm notified when the presentation is finished.

Friday, April 14, 2006 12:29 PM
  • You can use the WebBrowser Control and Navigate it to the Powerpoint File

Friday, April 14, 2006 12:46 PM
  • Hmm..  I just looked at this http://www.ureader.com/message/19601.aspx.

Is it really that hard to get it to work? Do you know any codeexamples/ tutorials? I thought this would be relatively easy to accomplish.

Vidar

Friday, April 14, 2006 1:07 PM
  • Are you working with Visual Studio 2005 and C#?

Friday, April 14, 2006 1:16 PM
  • There is a simple way to start a new process from C#

http://www.csharp-station.com/HowTo/ProcessStart.aspx

But, this wll open the Application and then you have to manually Full Screen it,
    beside as i told you before there is a WebBrowser Control in VS2003/2005 in which you can navigate to the deired powerpoint file.
    Friday, April 14, 2006 1:24 PM
  • Jepp..

Friday, April 14, 2006 1:24 PM
  • In code provided in the last post works fine if your powerpoint is in "pps" format instead of "ppt", because pps file open in FullScreen by Default.
    Friday, April 14, 2006 1:26 PM
  •  

The code in the article works, but I think I need more control over the process, to know when the presentation is finished etc.. I think I'll experiment with the WebBrowserControl a bit.. 

If that doesn't work then I'll have to look more closely at the Interop stuff..

Friday, April 14, 2006 2:19 PM
  • I've been experimenting with the WebBrowserControl.. So far it loads the powerpoint file without any problems, but there are a few issues I need to solve:

1.) It displays a "Do you want to open this file" dialog.

2.) I'm unable to get it to display fullscreen..

3.) I found this post:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.office.developer.automation/browse_thread/thread/fe5d6974e2e12284/41d9403860ba4f19?lnk=st&q=WebBrowserControl+c%23&rnum=11&hl=no#41d9403860ba4f19

In my code I hoped this would work:

PowerPoint.Presentation pres = webBrowser1.Document as PowerPoint.Presentation; pres.SlideShowSettings.LoopUntilStopped = true;

But I get this error, which seems reasonable, but why did it work for the person in the post linked above?

Cannot convert type 'System.Windows.Forms.HtmlDocument' to 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.Presentation' via a built-in conversion

Anyone have a clue why this doesn't work for me, or how I can solve it?

Friday, April 14, 2006 3:18 PM
  • i was looking for the same thing, vidar, but couldt not find a way to start the slideshow automaticly.

i made another program to solve the prolem. a program that converts .ppt to .pps, but that is not an optimal solution.

if you managed to make this, please share the code.

regards
    meeeeeeeeeep

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 11:17 AM
  • Hi...!

Me too, same as ur requirement, i want to show with in my form, not in full screen. how to do tel me.

Saturday, June 21, 2008 9:53 AM