none
Unable to use Package and deployment.

Question

• In a Vb.Net solution I have done the following

File -> Add -> New Project
    Other Project types
    Setup and Deployment -> Setup wizard
    1) (.) Create a setup for a windows application
    2) Leave blank the 7 tick boxes as I don't understand these and they look like additional stuff
    3) No additional stuff needed.
    4) Summary
    Project type: Create a setup for a Windows application
    Project groups to include: (none)
    Additional files: (none)
    Project Directory: D:\Lottery\DotNet\Lotto1\Setup1\Setup1.vdproj

Now have a second project Setup1. I know I should have named it something else to start with.
    Have a new folder Setup1 with two folders
    Debug (empty)
    Release (empty)

Right click Project Setup1 and build

Release has 2 files setup.exe and Setup1.msi

I run setup.exe and I end up with Instalation complete. Setup1 has been sucessfuly installed, click close to exit.

I chanfed the destination to f:\Paul. There is no f:\paul on my computer but there is a setup1 in control pannel programs and features for me to un-install.

I know this forum is for instalation of Visual studio but can't find one for deployment.

• Moved by Andrew.Wu Monday, May 30, 2011 8:07 AM (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Friday, May 27, 2011 11:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Otuatail,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Your issue occurs because you've installed the application before.

If you have installed the setup file, whatever the folder exist or not, the application will be added to the Uninstall control panel except you uninstall it. If you delete the applications which you've installed in the folder, the item will not be deleted in your Uninstall control panel.

Actually, each installed application has its own product code, you must Uninstall it with a normal way.

If you have any questions, please feel free to tell us.

Best Regards

Neddy Ren [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Neddy Ren Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:21 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:41 AM

All replies

• Friday, May 27, 2011 1:12 PM
  • Hi Otuatail,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Your issue occurs because you've installed the application before.

If you have installed the setup file, whatever the folder exist or not, the application will be added to the Uninstall control panel except you uninstall it. If you delete the applications which you've installed in the folder, the item will not be deleted in your Uninstall control panel.

Actually, each installed application has its own product code, you must Uninstall it with a normal way.

If you have any questions, please feel free to tell us.

Best Regards

Neddy Ren [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Neddy Ren Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:21 AM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 8:41 AM
  • Hi Otuatail,

I'll help you to mark the replies since I think the replies are helpful and useful.

If you have any concerns regarding this issue, please feel free to let me kown and I'll be appreciate to help you!

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards

Neddy Ren [MSFT]

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 9:21 AM