none
German characters in textbox

Question

• Hi dear users,

Currently I'm developping some kind of a language translator application.
    The problem is that I don't know how to put into a textbox german characters (ÄÖßÜ) from a keyboard. So I need function which (by clicking a button) will set German letters into the textbox (something like in windows table of characters). After that I want to write the text with german letters form the textbox to a txt file. I suppose that the key is to use some ASCII or UNICODE convert method, but I have no idea how to make it. So If you have any advices, links to the websites connected with the topic or once you've made somethig similar let me know please.

Thanks in advance
    Saturday, January 19, 2008 11:27 PM

Answers

• Use the Windows charmap.exe to find the hexadecimal Unicode value such as U+00C4.

Then:

Code Block

textBox1.Text = textBox1.Text + '\u00C4';

Sunday, January 20, 2008 12:06 AM

All replies

• Use the Windows charmap.exe to find the hexadecimal Unicode value such as U+00C4.

Then:

Code Block

Sunday, January 20, 2008 12:06 AM
  • If I had know it was so easy Smile

Best Regards

Sunday, January 20, 2008 1:00 AM
  • Hello, I also have the same problem with MaciejPol. But I need to display it as a Japanese Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana, Chinese, Korean and Thai characters in the proper way..

I have tried like this:

textBox1->Text  = System::IO::File::ReadAllText(openFileDialog1->fileName,System::Text::Encoding::Unicode);

but it still cannot display the text file containing Japanese Kanji / Hiragana / Katakana well and THE WORSE THING, a text file containing Latin(normal ASCII) characters also displayed as Asian characters but I don't know which characters they were.

Can you please tell me how to display those language inside text file well?

Is it fixed that Germany character code must be U+00C4?

How to do that with Japanese character?

And also how to change '\u00c4' here if I use Japanese?

Thank you very much..

Code Block

Friday, February 08, 2008 7:35 AM