none
shortcut for uninstall application

Question

• Hi all,
    i use click once for install my application.

How can I add a shortcut for unsinstall application ?? How can I uninstall my app ?

thanks in advanced. happy new year

http://www.alhambra-eidos.es/web2005/index.html
    Friday, January 02, 2009 10:10 AM

Answers

• If you install via ClickOnce, it should show up in Add/Remove programs.  You can uninstall it from there.

RobinS. GoldMail.com
    • Marked as answer by Linda Liu Wednesday, January 07, 2009 3:50 AM
    Friday, January 02, 2009 6:25 PM
  • Hi Alhambra,

As Robin has answered, we can remove a ClickOnce application after it is installed on a client machine in Add/Remove program.

> How can I add a shortcut for unsinstall application ??

Firstly, find the uninstall string for your app, navigate in the registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and find the product code for your application, then look at the UninstallString value. It will look similar to this:

rundll32.exe dfshim.dll,ShArpMaintain WindowsApplication13.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba9e7859d500132d, processorArchitecture=msil

You can add that to a shortcut to bring up the maintenance mode.

Please note that this is an undocumented internal api subject to change in the future so use is at your own risk. If ClickOnce changes in the future this method may not work. Whomever you are passing this on to needs to understand that the ARP is the recommended way of removing a ClickOnce application.

Sincerely,
    Linda Liu

Monday, January 05, 2009 10:14 AM

All replies

• If you install via ClickOnce, it should show up in Add/Remove programs.  You can uninstall it from there.

RobinS. GoldMail.com
    Friday, January 02, 2009 6:25 PM
  • Hi Alhambra,

As Robin has answered, we can remove a ClickOnce application after it is installed on a client machine in Add/Remove program.

> How can I add a shortcut for unsinstall application ??

Firstly, find the uninstall string for your app, navigate in the registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and find the product code for your application, then look at the UninstallString value. It will look similar to this:

rundll32.exe dfshim.dll,ShArpMaintain WindowsApplication13.application, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ba9e7859d500132d, processorArchitecture=msil

You can add that to a shortcut to bring up the maintenance mode.

Please note that this is an undocumented internal api subject to change in the future so use is at your own risk. If ClickOnce changes in the future this method may not work. Whomever you are passing this on to needs to understand that the ARP is the recommended way of removing a ClickOnce application.

Sincerely,
    Linda Liu

Monday, January 05, 2009 10:14 AM