none
difference between .net 1.0 splitter and .net 2.0 splittercontainer

Question

• What is the difference between .net 1.0 splitter and .net 2.0 splittercontainer controls?
    Is there any functionality added?

Thanks in advance
    Srinivas
    Thursday, November 09, 2006 12:23 PM

Answers

• Not sure what do you expect from a splitter after all. Something that if I remember correctly the old Splitter does not have is that you can specify the min/max/initial size of the panels. You can also make it "fixed" so it cannot be moved by the user.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 5:10 PM

All replies

• Functionality is much the same, there is not much a splitter needs/can do. But the new SplitterContainer is much more easier to use. It's not a splitter only, it also contains the 2 "splitted" panels so you just drag it to a form and then place your controls in each of the 2 panels. With the old Splitter you need to drag one control, dock it, drag the splitter, dock it properly and finally drag the second control. And this would not be such a big deal but try changing the splitter from horizontal to vertical or changing one of the "splitted" controls... a pain in the @#$ usually. SplitContainer makes this much more easy.
    Thursday, November 09, 2006 1:17 PM
  • Thanks for the info....
    But are there any extra UI actions we can do on Splittercontainer compared to Splitter, i am very much interested in it.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 1:53 PM
  • Not sure what do you expect from a splitter after all. Something that if I remember correctly the old Splitter does not have is that you can specify the min/max/initial size of the panels. You can also make it "fixed" so it cannot be moved by the user.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 5:10 PM