none
Bin folder location causes "Parser Error Message: Could not load type" problem

Question

• I have installed a VS web application on a client's web server through an msi setup process that I defined for the project.  When the application was first installed, I continually received the following error when I browsed to the web site:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'InboundProcessor.TestAccess'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="TestAccess.aspx.vb" Inherits="InboundProcessor.TestAccess" %>

(TestAccess.aspx was the initial web page being called)

In researching the error there were many things that various people recommended, none of which worked.  A day later I came across a guy who suggested that this problem could be related to the fact that IIS could not find the "bin" folder for the project, and therefore could not find the project's DLL file.  So I copied the bin folder and all of the contents to the "wwwroot" folder, and voila!, it worked.

However, the error reappears whenever I try to locate the bin folder under the path used for the web site, and I therefore have a potential instllation problem on other web servers.  Here are a few of the things I have done to try to make this work:

1.  Marked the bin folder as being a "web application" in IIS, and then unmarked it.

2.  Made sure that the version of ASP.Net is set to 2.0.50727

3.  Verified that the permissions on the folders will work for anonymous web users (i.e., assigned read access rights to the IUSR and IWAM users.

4.  Restarted IIS several times after making various changes.

Any ideas on how to get IIS to recognize the bin folder that is located within the web site path?

Saturday, March 29, 2008 1:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Resolved - the problem was caused by a DLL registered in the wrong location

Thursday, April 03, 2008 1:49 AM

I have the same problem, i try to review my files but i don't see the place about location registering ... ?!

Do you have some hint ?

• Proposed as answer by TinyTennyo Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:29 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by TinyTennyo Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:30 PM
    Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:23 PM

I have the same problem, i try to review my files but i don't see the place about location registering ... ?!

Do you have some hint ?

Ok i find it :

Use IIS WebServer Configuration

Right-Click on your WebSite -> Properties

Then in "Directory", Create your Application, Add it to your ApplicationPool and verify the virtual directory mounted. Then the bin directory should be seen and used.

• Proposed as answer by TinyTennyo Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:32 PM
    Thursday, December 01, 2011 1:32 PM