none
"Cannot find keycodev2.dll or invalid keycode"

General discussion

• Hi,
       I created winforms and was able to deployed it using NTD. I used VS.Net 2002 and VB.Net. I have crystal reports in my forms. Everything is working except when i tried to view the reports in client (Win 2000, installed w/ .Net framework only not VS.Net 2002). I got this error:  "Cannot find keycodev2.dll or invalid keycode" 
        Please help, i really don't know how to solve this problem. Thanks
    Wednesday, January 21, 2004 3:48 AM

All replies

• Make sure you have all the needed CR run time files.
    http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2012421.asp

If you do check out this link:
    http://support.businessobjects.com/library/kbase/articles/c2011205.asp

If that does not work search for keycodev2.dll at:
    http://support.businessobjects.com/search/default.asp

Hope this helps
    James
    Wednesday, January 21, 2004 4:43 PM
  • I was having the same problem, make sure that you have the right merge modules, and make sure you add the 19 digit code that they give you when you buy the product, you can find this on VS under help>About

Friday, January 30, 2004 8:49 AM
  • Did u find any solution to this problem?
    Saturday, July 10, 2004 6:52 AM
  • The crystal viewer uses a couple of dll's which are installed on your development machine. They are part of CR for VS.NET but not of the .NET framework. If there is no vs.net installed on the webserver these files will be missing on the server. A deployment project in VS.NET will not see the dependencies and will not include them in the setup. What worked for me (destilled out of the loads of CR docs) was creating a setup project with a couple of merge modules

Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm 
    Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm 
    Crystal_Managed2003.msm 
    Crystal_regwiz2003.msm 
    VC_User_CRT71_RTL_X86_---.msm (used for reports based on ADO.NET) 
    VC_User_STL71_RTL_X86_---.msm (used for reports based on ADO.NET) 
    The regwiz module has an License key property, here you enter the Crystal license key found in the help about of VS.NET. It will read something like AAP50-GS00000-U7000RN.

Monday, January 10, 2005 9:42 AM
  • DavidT,

Thanks for the solution... worked like a charm!

-r
    Wednesday, January 19, 2005 5:09 PM
  • Argh! I have done everything above and still have the same issue.  Is there somthing I amy have missed.  I ran the setup and it created a virtual directory with the file in it.  I still have the same problem.
    Friday, January 28, 2005 1:51 PM
  • Excellent!  Crystal Reports for .Net Registered on Development Machine, Webserver setup with CR for .Net Key... Nasty Keycode Error Gone.  Nice work sifting through all those white papers, I read through that.. whole lotta explanation, you filled in the "How to" .. well done  DavidT, thanks for posting that. :-D 

Sb
    Friday, February 11, 2005 6:12 AM
  • Hi:
    I have read about the problem of "cannot find KeycodeV2.dll"  but I still haven't found the solution. I open the Crystal_regwiz2003.msm file but I don`t see where I have to put the license key. My OS is Xp . Could explain me more in detail? 
    Thank you
    Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:56 AM
  • Just expand the Mergemodule properties. You'll find it there
    Friday, February 25, 2005 9:15 AM
  • Thank you to both saldrett and DavidT_macktool.

Thanks to saldrett for the location of the key.
    It only took 6 HOURS and literally hundreds of search results before I found this simple piece of information that Business Objects was nice enough to NOT supply.

Thanks to DavidT_macktool for the merge modules to include.
    Again, after hours of sifting through search results, I finally found THIS simple piece ov information that Business Objects does not supply completely.

My reports work perfectly now. :0)

Thanks,
    Kerry Wano
    Senior Programmer/Analyst
    Family Health Partners
    Kansas City, MO
    Monday, February 28, 2005 5:18 PM
  • I would like to thank you DAVIDT very very much for your helpful contribution to this problem. You have solved a 12 months old problem that kept me sleepless. Thank you very very much.
    Monday, April 11, 2005 10:58 PM
  • I've done everything listed here and still have the same problem.
    It doesn't appear that after I enter the license key and build the project that it picks this file up.  I've made sure all of the files that DavidT listed are in there but still nothing.
    Looks like more research is in my future!
    Friday, April 15, 2005 4:32 PM
  • Double check that you are entering the License Key and not the Registration Code. I've tripped over on that a couple of times myself... :)
    Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:39 AM
  • You will find all the soultions here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/team/crystalreports/gettingstarted/default.aspx
    Wednesday, May 11, 2005 11:20 AM
  • Hi guys,

I tried to deploy my .NET Web Application that used Crystal Report to the web server by creating a deployment package-- Web Setup Project. When I build this project, I got error "ERROR: Property 'Keycode' is non-nullable". I did double check my Crystal Report's license key to embeded inside Merge Module: Crystal_regwiz2003.msm; also delete all the old CrystalDecisions' References and forced it pick up the new ones,  but there's no luck! Do you have any suggestion? PLEASE HELP!

Many thanks in advance,
    --Iris
    Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:25 PM

• I tried to deploy my .NET Web Application that used Crystal Report to the web server by creating a deployment package-- Web Setup Project. When I build this project, I got error "ERROR: Property 'Keycode' is non-nullable". I did double check my Crystal Report's license key to embeded inside Merge Module: Crystal_regwiz2003.msm; also delete all the old CrystalDecisions' References and forced it pick up the new ones,  but there's no luck! Do you have any suggestion? PLEASE HELP!

Many thanks in advance,
    --Iris
    Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:27 PM
  • Go to "Help" of VS.net you will see
    Crystal Report...License code 
    it look like AAP50-GS00000-U700RN--- or  something like this  
    I got the problem like you 
    Tuesday, June 14, 2005 4:15 AM
  • If you're using Crystal XI then you need to remove all existing dll's and manually add the new Crystal 11 ones (there's only 2).

This explains it in more detail

http://support.businessobjects.com/communityCS/TechnicalPapers/crxi_net_deployment.pdf.asp
    ?

But in short add to your setup project the following merge modules.

Crystal11_NET_EmbeddedReporting.msn and optionally add CrystalReports11_Maps.msm (for geographic maps).

Right click properties on Crystal11_NET_EmbeddedReporting.msn and expand Merge Module Properties . Go to the bottom and enter your keycode (can be found in help about in VS)

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 1:23 PM
  • I am having the same problem, but i can't even found the License key property after i add Crystal_regwiz2003.msm or Crystal_Managed2003.msm .  Please help

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:31 AM
  • did anyone have solve this problem ..

i have the same one , i have the licening key but i still recive the non-nullable message .

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

I have same problem, I have added the file "Crystal_regwiz2003.msm" to my setup project  but I cannot find the license key property for it

please help me, I search on solution from six months ago, and no solution. Thanks

Monday, July 02, 2007 2:53 PM