none
WebBrowser Control Scrollbar Positions

Question

• Hi , Please halp me ???
    Many controls allow a scroll bar to be visable. Is there a way to find the max, min, and current values of these scrollbars. And can you set the position (value) with .net code?
    is it possable to get the position of a browser controls scoll bar position?
    then then, set its position?
    Please Write Sample Code ...
    Thankyou
    Tuesday, October 02, 2007 2:50 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi, SahandS.One,

Based on my understanding, you want to know the Maximum, Minimum and Value of the ScrollBars which belong to your controls, don't you?

To get those values, you should divide the controls into two groups.

One group is for the controls which inherit from ScrollableControl class, such as Panel and Form,

and then you can get the values through HorizontalScroll and VerticalScroll property.

For example

Code Block

panel1.VerticalScroll.Maximum;

panel1.VerticalScroll.Minimum;

panel1.VerticalScroll.Value;

And you can set the position by setting the Value property.

The other group is for the controls which wrap the Win32 Com controls, such as WebBrowser.

And the WebBrowser is a very different Com control, it is not easy to get the position of its scroll bars.

However, you can get its Maximum value by getting its Window size

Code Block
    webBrowser1.Document.Window.Size.Height;webBrowser1.Document.Window.Size.Width;

And you can set its position by ScrollTo method

Code Block

webBrowser1.Document.Window.ScrollTo(0, 200);

More info

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.scrollablecontrol.verticalscroll(VS.80).aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.scrollablecontrol.horizontalscroll(VS.80).aspx

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.htmlwindow.aspx

Hope this helps,

Regards

Thursday, October 04, 2007 6:04 AM
  • > "it is not easy to get the position of its scroll bars."

Looks simple to me:

Code Snippet

Dim webbrowser1scrollleft As Integer = WebBrowser1.Document.Body.ScrollLeft
            Dim webbrowser1scrolltop As Integer = WebBrowser1.Document.Body.ScrollTop
            WebBrowser1.Document.Body.ScrollLeft = webbrowser1scrollleft
            WebBrowser1.Document.Body.ScrollTop = webbrowser1scrolltop

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:01 PM
  • using the webbrowser control in .NET 2 do the following - works real well and will automatically scroll to the bottom as the page gets bigger and bigger. I am using the control in a IM Chat application and as new chats come in I want to make sure I scroll to the bottom - try this it works for me:

Public

Class Form1

Private dt As String = ""

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

If dt <> "" Then

dt = dt &

"<br>"

End If

dt = dt &

Me.TextBox1.Text

Me.WebBrowser1.DocumentText = dt

Application.DoEvents() 'most important as it gives a chance for the page to refresh

Try

If Not Me.WebBrowser1.Document Is Nothing Then

Me.WebBrowser1.Document.Window.ScrollTo(0, Me.WebBrowser1.Document.Body.ScrollRectangle.Height)

End If

Catch ex As Exception

MsgBox(

"BAD " & ex.Message.ToString())

End Try

End Sub

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 2:39 AM
  • Thank you very much Realanswers it helped me a lot
    Monday, March 22, 2010 9:23 AM