none
vS2010 Bootstrapper package custom prerequisite failed [Setup has detected that the file]

Question

• Hi  All,

I got a some strange issue with My visual studio2010, I had some installation project that contains some custom prerequisite.

They all are working fine since last week and now it start corrupting the the installation file when trying to make a new build.

It always failed when click on the setup.exe file with error message: 

Setup has detected that the file 'C:\.....exe' has either changed since it was initially published or may be corrupt.

See the setup log file located at 'C:\..\install.log' for more information.

I know there is no issue in the code as it was working earlier, I verified it on some other machine with VS2010, it works there.

Although I had VS2008/2005 setup projects on both are working fine, but all the project that are on 2010 start failing if build generated from my machine.

I had also installed VS2011 a month ago may be something is not related with this as 2008/2005 is working fine.

If anyone has encounter such problem please help me out.

Best Regards Sanjay Pant [Metadesign Solutions]

Monday, May 14, 2012 7:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Jason thanks for the suggestion,

I went through that link not works with me, finally I decided to uninstall the 4.5 framework and re install the 4.0 framework.

And everything start working as it was earlier.

May be i have to wait some time for the 4.5 final release  4.5 beta is making my 2010 crazy.

Best Regards Sanjay Pant [Metadesign Solutions]

• Marked as answer by Sanjay Pant Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:05 AM
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 9:05 AM

All replies