none
how to deploy a project with visual studio 2013 express

Question

• hello all,

I have a project in Visual Studio 2013 express I need to distribuite it to install the app on other PC without VS.

How can I make a Setup ?

How can I install the app on other PC ?

when I publish the solution VS create a folder with:

one *.application file

one setup.exe

and one folder "Application Files" with many subfolder with all published versions.

Help me!!!

Thanks a lot.

Luigi

Monday, November 11, 2013 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hello all.....

nobody whit the same problem?

Regards

Monday, November 11, 2013 3:46 PM
  • Hello,

This forum is mainly to discuss the Microsoft build engine aka MSBuild. Topics including: usage of MSBuild, build customization, and MSBuild extensibility via tasks, loggers and hosting.

Since this issue has much relevance to applications deployment, I would move it to the appropriate forum for better response.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Jane.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:58 AM
  • Hi,

I'm sorry for my mistake.

Thank u

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:06 PM
  • It sounds like you have already go a ClickOnce deployment done - they are primarily designed for deployment from a web server. When that folder you published is on a web site, send the link to others to install it.

Phil Wilson

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:46 PM
  • Hello Phil,

I don't need to public my solution on a webserver but I need to run "off line" such as a normal SW.

Whit Fox Pro I can build the solution ready to install to other PC whitout Internet Connection.

I need also tu run the App from local server from UNC path an all clients must be link to it.

I don't know if I be explained.... :'(

Thank u.

Luigi

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Hi Luigi,

Have you tried to choose the option "From a UNC path or file share ""when publish your project via clickonce technology? The option is under clickonce publish wizzard.

If you are not able to do this, can you share your error info or details?
    Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 9:30 AM