none
Tabcontrol backcolor

General discussion

• I have created a DrawItem for my tabcontrol that will change the backcolor of the tabcontrol on selection. This works nicely.

Now I would like to extend the feature. Is it possible to include a timer and make this color that you have specified flash??? It is important if a user need to pay attention to a certain tabpage.

Hope anybody can help.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 12:21 PM

All replies

• i think you can add a timer and give it a value when it reaches desired time and link this value to your color change code
    u can use the value to change the color code for the backcolor part.
    Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:10 PM
  • Thanks for your response Benedicht. Yes, but my problem is how I implement the timer together with DrawItem. Can you guide in the right direction.

Currently I am using the timer to switch color on a basic label, but it is a little bit more difficult with drawitem. As a label is just a property.

Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:21 PM
  • Hi,

Which way do you want to drawItem? And where do you want to drawitem? Change the text property?

There are many articles about drawing.

Graphics and Drawing in Windows Forms

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a36fascx.aspx

Getting Started with Graphics Programming

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/da0f23z7.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ling Wang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 09, 2009 10:36 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to “General Discussion” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by opening the Options list at the top of the post window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Sunday, September 13, 2009 9:06 AM