none
deploy .net membership issue

Question

• 'D:\ASPNETDB.MDF' cannot be opened because it is version 655. This server supports version 612 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported.
    Could not open new database 'D:\ASPNETDB.MDF'. CREATE DATABASE is aborted.
    An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file D:\ADC_Util\Prism\App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

I run it in the local host is fine, but error come from window 2003 server. I 'm using VS 2010. download .net 4.0 in the server. Where is the connection to the mdf file?

daisy choo
    • Moved by Kee Poppy Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:14 AM (From:Visual Basic Language)
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 1:41 AM

Answers

• A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

I run it in the local host is fine, but error come from window 2003 server. I 'm using VS 2010. download .net 4.0 in the server. Where is the connection to the mdf file?

daisy choo

Hi daisy1234,

It seems that in the UNC shared folder, a same name database file is already existed.

If you want to deploy the same dabase file in the UNC shared folder, you will need to make them different to the others. One name and one extend file could only exist one in the same folder. If the file is using by others, than, you can not operate it.

Best Regards

Neddy Ren [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by daisy1234 Tuesday, October 04, 2011 6:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is rather a SQL Server version issue. Double check which version of SQL Server you are using on your developement and deployment boxes...

According to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsetupandupgrade/thread/3de5b574-0751-44a2-b69f-fa0c20378359/, 655 is SQL Server 2008 while 611 (or 612 ?) is likely SQL Server 2005.

So it seems you develop using SQL Server 2008 but deploy to a server that has SQL Server 2005 which is not supported (later version can convert from ealier version but not the other way round).

Please always mark whatever response solved your issue so that the thread is properly marked as "Answered".
    Saturday, October 01, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Everything is runing fine on my localhost and error found when I try to run it in the server. if I delete this aspnetdb.mdf, the application running fine.

I created mdf in vs 2005 and replace the mdf  created from 2010, the same error message pops again in the server.

daisy choo
    Monday, October 03, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Hi daisy,

We have ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum would fit your question better. I will move this thread there for getting more efficient responses.

Thanks,

Kee Poppy [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:14 AM
  • A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.

daisy choo

Hi daisy1234,

It seems that in the UNC shared folder, a same name database file is already existed.

If you want to deploy the same dabase file in the UNC shared folder, you will need to make them different to the others. One name and one extend file could only exist one in the same folder. If the file is using by others, than, you can not operate it.

Best Regards

Neddy Ren [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by daisy1234 Tuesday, October 04, 2011 6:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:48 AM