none
Capturing events in an ActiveX Controls...

Question

• Hi All,
        Is it possible to capture events of an Active-X Control in an HTML page, similarly to the onclick, onMouseOver events which we do for a HTM textBox etc.
         I need to capture an event from a Card Reader, and then parse the Card Track Data and fill my HTML TextBoxes. I would prefer to point the CarddataChanged event, in my object tag to a javascript which will populate my Textboxes.
         What should I do to have this kind of a functionality. What are the things which i need to keep in mind when I build my Active-X Control.

Please Help,
    Thanks In Advance,
    Joe.

Friday, January 19, 2007 4:37 PM

All replies

• Guys,
        I found it, we just need to set some properties in the activex control which we develope and then access them in our web page using javascript or as params in the object tag. Also we can declare public events and then trigger them using RAISEEVENT.
        So if I want to get the track data from an ID CARD when the user swipes the card, our active control can capture and then raise an event for us, we can then catch this event using javascript with the help of the
    <script language="JavaScript" for="Control" event="onThisEvent();"> someFunction();</script>, block.

Thanks,
    Joe.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:50 PM