none
ClickOnce Deployment Issue

Question

• I have successfully published my ClickOnce application via Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2, but when I try to launch the application I get the following error log:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
     Windows    : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
     Common Language Runtime  : 2.0.50215.44
     System.Deployment.dll   : 2.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
     mscorwks.dll    : 2.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
     dfdll.dll    : 8.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)
     dfshim.dll    : 2.0.50215.44 (beta2.050215-4400)

SOURCES
     Deployment url   : http://trainingadmin.lighthouse1.com/ClaimHarbor/ClaimHarbor.application
          Server  : Microsoft-IIS/6.0
          X-Powered-By : ASP.NET
     Application url   : http://trainingadmin.lighthouse1.com/ClaimHarbor/ClaimHarbor_1_0_2_9/ClaimHarbor.exe.manifest
          Server  : Microsoft-IIS/6.0
          X-Powered-By : ASP.NET

IDENTITIES
     Deployment Identity  : ClaimHarbor.application, Version=1.0.2.9, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=3cf1d6e5522d516c, processorArchitecture=msil
     Application Identity  : ClaimHarbor.exe, Version=1.0.2.9, Culture=en, PublicKeyToken=3cf1d6e5522d516c, processorArchitecture=msil, type=win32

APPLICATION SUMMARY
     * Online only application.

ERROR SUMMARY
     Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
     * Activation of http://trainingadmin.lighthouse1.com/ClaimHarbor/ClaimHarbor.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Value does not fall within the expected range.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
     No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
     There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
     * [13 Jul 2005 08:39:45 -05:00] : Activation of http://trainingadmin.lighthouse1.com/ClaimHarbor/ClaimHarbor.application has started.
     * [13 Jul 2005 08:39:45 -05:00] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
     * [13 Jul 2005 08:39:45 -05:00] : Installation of the application has started.
     * [13 Jul 2005 08:39:45 -05:00] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
     * [13 Jul 2005 08:39:48 -05:00] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
     Following errors were detected during this operation.
     * [13 Jul 2005 08:39:49 -05:00] System.ArgumentException
      - Value does not fall within the expected range.
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.IStore.LockApplicationPath(UInt32 Flags, IDefinitionAppId ApId, IntPtr& Cookie)
       at System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.Store.LockApplicationPath(IDefinitionAppId app)
       at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.LockApplicationPath(DefinitionAppId definitionAppId)
       at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.PatchFiles(SubscriptionState subState)
       at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState)
       at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
       at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
     No transaction information is available.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:03 PM

Answers

• Just a note to anyone interested, but I fixed the error above by going to the App directory under Drive:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings and removing the directories for my application. I think the problem is caused because we actually have the same application deployed in multiple environments (dev, qa, demo, training and production) and some conflicts were occurring between all the different versions.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:47 PM

All replies

• Just a note to anyone interested, but I fixed the error above by going to the App directory under Drive:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings and removing the directories for my application. I think the problem is caused because we actually have the same application deployed in multiple environments (dev, qa, demo, training and production) and some conflicts were occurring between all the different versions.
    Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:47 PM
  • I have just hit this problem, deleting the "App" directory worked for me.

How are you meant to run the some app from more then one server?

www.ringrose.name <- email on website

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:35 AM