none
Visual Studio Installer - insert License Agreement Dialog

    Question

  • I am trying to create a simple installer program and wanted to insert a license agreement.

    I have added a new license dialog, then added the license file in RTF format to the installer project and specified the LicenseFile property of the License Agreement Dialog box.

    I rebuilded the whole project and still did not see the license text shows up in the dialog. No build errors or warning are reported. 

    What could be wrong?

    Thanks in advance

    Matador139

     

    Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:11 AM

All replies

  • Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

    Interesting. I've never had this. you are sure that there is text in the license file? Usually it would complain if there was no file to be found but obviously seems like you attached it appropriately.

     

    What happens if you create a new project and do the same thing, just add the license agreement.

     

    Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:33 AM
  • Yes, there are text in the license file.

    I have a test project that I created and it still didn't work.

    Patrick

     

    Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:56 AM
  • what you may need to do is actually add that rtf file in the solution/project itself as an existing item (right click project > add > add existing item) then select the file and see how that goes
    Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:06 AM
  • I already have both the license file added to the setup project as well as the program itself.

    So the setup project view looks like this:

    - MyProgramSetup
        - Detected Dependencies
        - Content Files from MyProgram (Active)
        - Primary output from MyProgram (Active)
        - License.RTF

    Matador139


    Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:39 AM
  • I can't reproduce this - works fine in VS 2005 setup projects. I added the license agreement dialog and in the LicenseFile property browsed to my RTF file.

    Are you sure the RTF file is a valid RTF-formatted file? I'm wondering if that's the issue.

    • Proposed as answer by Un-named Saturday, May 21, 2011 7:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 06, 2006 11:13 PM
    Moderator
  • Yes, I just got that figured out too. I simply renamed the txt file to rtf then opened the rtf using Wordpad to verify. Eveything looked ok then. But it lacked the RTF encoding.

    Thanks everyone for repsonding.

    Matador139

    Friday, September 08, 2006 12:07 AM
  • Wow.

    This issue exists in VS 2010 SP1 too. Renaming License.txt to License.rtf won't work. You need to save the file explicitly in RTF format.

    Weird why does VS 2010 SP1 even allows user to select a .txt file in the first place. Should be fixed in some service pack.

    Saturday, May 21, 2011 7:10 AM