none
How to increase resolution of the bitmap?

Question

• Hi friends,

when i done zoom effect of original image i got bitmap blendered..so i want to increase resolution of the bitmap.
    how to do this effect..
    Tuesday, April 29, 2008 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi smsurendar,

According to your requirement, you cannot increase the resolution of the Bitmap.

Regards,

Roy Zhou

Monday, May 05, 2008 11:11 AM

All replies

• Hi smsurendar,

According to your requirement, you cannot increase the resolution of the Bitmap.

Regards,

Roy Zhou

Monday, May 05, 2008 11:11 AM
  • why, please tell me the reason
    Monday, May 05, 2008 1:12 PM
  • Well to increase resolution you have to add new pixels to the original image. I think there are some tools or components that accomplish this task but if you try to do it manually you need to use Image Processing techniques such as interpolation to assign values to new created pixels.

To summarize the process changing resolution is basically changing the number of pixels in a predefined are as pixels/inch or pixels cm. In your original image you have definite number of pixels in each unit. To increase resolution you have to change the number of pixels in that certain area for the whole image, "basically add new pixels". But what are the values for this new created pixel? There are various methods to sample a pixel's value from the surrounding ones but this task is basically an Image Processing subject.

Monday, May 05, 2008 1:29 PM
  • Use Bitmap.SetResolution.  But it's not going to do what you want.  There is no magical to incease the information content of any object.

Monday, May 05, 2008 8:44 PM
  • All the answers you got are correct, you cannot invent pixels, you cannot fill in the gaps to get a bigger image from a smaller one.  However, you can use Graphics.SetSmoothingMode to make the graphics object use a bilinear filter when it resizes your image, which may help a little.  Otherwise you could look at bilinear, trilinear, and bicubic filters on the web.  They won't give you what you're hoping for, but they may make things a little better for you, at least.

Monday, May 05, 2008 10:26 PM