none
Setup Projects: How to enable "right mouse button" on a "readme" user interface?

Question

• Hello everybody,

I need to show a message to my users right after i install my application which says something like:
    "Please copy / paste this information into the config file:
    bla bla bla
    bla bla bla"

To do this, i have added a "readme" user interface to my setup project.

Although the message appears exactly like i want it to, the right mouse button doesn't work inside the text area which shows my text.

The users are able to use ctrl+c but i really needed the let them use the right mouse button to copy the text!

Does anybody know a way to solve this?

Thanks!
    Luís Silva
    Thursday, April 03, 2008 2:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my knowledage, it is not possible to use right mouse button in the "READ ME" user interface Dialog According to your situation, I think you can think about wirte an simiple.exe or .js to write these string into the system ClipBoard, and use the Custom Action to active it after your installation.

Wishes.

Zou

Friday, April 04, 2008 5:14 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I think it is not possible to enable textbox of the user interface.
    You have to use more professional programs.

Kind Regards.
    Thursday, April 03, 2008 6:59 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my knowledage, it is not possible to use right mouse button in the "READ ME" user interface Dialog According to your situation, I think you can think about wirte an simiple.exe or .js to write these string into the system ClipBoard, and use the Custom Action to active it after your installation.

Wishes.

Zou

Friday, April 04, 2008 5:14 AM