none
Setup! Orca.exe how-to

Question

• Hi, social!I have a problem!I want my setup project get some data from user during install and validate data such as validate IP address, Port as int value and some others!And if user give us correct information then "Next" button became enabled.Please help!!
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:28 PM

Answers

• That is extremely complicated, and would take somebody literally many hours to do in Orca, with all the changes to the tables involved. This is not what people use Orca for. If you really need a complicated dialog like that in your MSI setup then you should really use another tool. The closest I can point you to is this, not what you want but a similar thing. It doesn't show you how to add a complete dialog and all the controls however:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/253683 

This is the kind of configuration that works much better if you have it as a configuration program that runs later, from a shortcut.  Apart from that fact that you'd be writing an easy plain old forms program, it also gives the user the opportunity to change things later if the ip address or port need to change.

Phil Wilson
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:03 PM