none
ClickOnce : The deployment identity at the deployment provider is not the same as the original deployment identity

Question

• Hello

I am using ClickOnce to deploy my applications.

I always get this error, and my application refuses to start

How can I fix this? I have tried to re-install my application , but that is not working.

The failure message is ..

"The deployment identity at the deployment provider is not the same as the original deployment identity"

I recently updated my Verisign certificate, but that should not matter..??

Best regards

Kristján

PLATFORM VERSION INFO

Windows                                  : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)

Common Language Runtime      : 2.0.50727.42

System.Deployment.dll             : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

mscorwks.dll                            : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

dfdll.dll                         : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

dfshim.dll                                 : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES

Deployment url                         : http://netvisionv2.mentis.is/netvision/NetvisionPlayer/NetvisionPlayer.application?key=7ca89268-db30-4103-ac7d-6ad3fbbb1165

Server               : Microsoft-IIS/6.0

X-Powered-By   : ASP.NET

Deployment Provider url             : http://netvisionv2.mentis.is/Netvision/NetvisioNPLAYER/NetvisionPlayer.application

Server               : Microsoft-IIS/6.0

X-Powered-By   : ASP.NET

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of http://netvisionv2.mentis.is/netvision/NetvisionPlayer/NetvisionPlayer.application?key=7ca89268-db30-4103-ac7d-6ad3fbbb1165 resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:

+ The deployment identity at the deployment provider is not the same as the original deployment identity.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY

No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS

There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS

* [12.06.2007 14:44:04] : Activation of http://netvisionv2.mentis.is/netvision/NetvisionPlayer/NetvisionPlayer.application?key=7ca89268-db30-4103-ac7d-6ad3fbbb1165 has started.

ERROR DETAILS

Following errors were detected during this operation.

* [12.06.2007 14:44:04] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (SubscriptionSemanticValidation)

- The deployment identity at the deployment provider is not the same as the original deployment identity.

- Source: System.Deployment

- Stack trace:

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.FollowDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)

at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS

No transaction information is available.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:04 PM