none
Click once deployment: An error has occurred writing to the hard disk

Question

•  

I did an update using mage.exe and it went fine. On installation it was able to get the update and was downloading the new files until I got the following error in the dialog box.

An error has occurred writing to the hard disk. Check if there is enough avaiable space on the disk.
    Contact the application vendor

Following is a more detailed message

ERROR SUMMARY
     Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
     * Activation of **\**Applicaiton.appref-ms resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + Downloading file://*/.ShellApplication_1.0.0.1/menu.config.deploy did not succeed.
      + The file 'C:\Temp\Deployment\G4E1YMP1.X3Z\V52Y7801.BHJ\menu.config' already exists.

I have plenty of space on my hard drive so looks like the error is related to something else.

I would appreciate any feedback into this.

Monday, November 05, 2007 5:05 PM

All replies

•  

The only thing I can imagine might be going wrong is that some how the file 'C:\Temp\Deployment\G4E1YMP1.X3Z\V52Y7801.BHJ\menu.config'  has been locked and ClickOnce engine can't download it. Use procmon to find process which has a handle on it or try moving the file from that location.

Also, make sure your c: partition has enough space as well.  

Monday, November 05, 2007 5:16 PM
  • I can move/copy the files with no  problems. Regarding space I got plenty available

Monday, November 05, 2007 5:29 PM