none
Assign dynamic values to the textbox on custom dialog (ex : Edita1Value )

Question

• Hi,

I have one of my client who needs some customization on setup.exe

1) Can we assign dynamic values to EditaValue on custom dialog. If so, then how ?

ex: I have a textbox where user can  enter the connection string;In this connection string i have to provide datasource i.e. Server Name   of the server where the installation is performed.

Could any one please help me out with this.

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Shamveel.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 7:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Shamveel,

Base on your description, I am not sure that how could you enable client to enter connection string in setup project, is that custom action you have added?

If you want to assgn the value through the input connection string, I thin you should use the custom action.

Here is a link that can help you introduce how to add custom action.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/d9k65z2d.aspx

Have a good time.

Best Regards,

Vin Jin

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:49 AM
  • Hi Vin,

You  are correct.I am using custom action on my setup wizard, where after welcome dialog , i have added custom dialog to , allow user to enter database connection.Now the problem is , i have to display the server name by default by using any logic. I can have static values on my custom dialog text box but i cant have dynamic values. Please let me know if you need further clarification.

Thanks again

Regards

Shamveel.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 8:03 AM
  • Hi Shamveel,

As you siad that in the custom action, you have a form which has a textbox where client can input the connection string into it. So if you want to the connectionstring's value assign to the custon dialog, just add another custom action as you did the first one.

If I have any misunderstood, please feel free let me know. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Vin Jin

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:09 AM