none
How to force .Net 3.5 SP1 as a prereq in my ClickOnce dependencies?

Question

• I am trying to generate a ClickOnce application manifest and want to have .Net 3.5 SP1 as a prereq in my ClickOnce application manifest. Any ideas on how to approach this?

Thanks!
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:13 AM

Answers

• If you are trying to generate the manifests w/o using Visual Studio, generate one with the prerequisite and take a look at it and see what it adds. To do this, go into the Publish tab and go to the Prerequisites dialog and check .Net 3.5 SP-1 and publish it. That's one way to find out how to put it in the manifest(s).

RobinDotNet
    Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    • Marked as answer by Linda Liu Friday, May 08, 2009 8:22 AM
    Friday, May 08, 2009 5:38 AM

All replies

• See the MSDN article How to: Target a Specific .NET Framework. Upshot is to use a 3.5 SP1 ClickOnce feature (desktop shortcut, suite name, etc.) or explicitly add a reference to System.Data.Entity.dll.
    -- Mike
    Thursday, May 07, 2009 10:09 PM
  • If you are trying to generate the manifests w/o using Visual Studio, generate one with the prerequisite and take a look at it and see what it adds. To do this, go into the Publish tab and go to the Prerequisites dialog and check .Net 3.5 SP-1 and publish it. That's one way to find out how to put it in the manifest(s).

RobinDotNet
    Click here to visit my ClickOnce blog!
    • Marked as answer by Linda Liu Friday, May 08, 2009 8:22 AM
    Friday, May 08, 2009 5:38 AM
  • Following dependencies are added to the manifest by VS whether .NET 3.5 or .NET 3.5 SP1 is set as prerequisite. This will ensure only 3.5 not 3.5 SP1. Do we have to add any other dependency manually to the manifest to ensure 3.5 SP1 exists on the target machine?

<dependency>
        <dependentAssembly dependencyType="preRequisite" allowDelayedBinding="true">
          <assemblyIdentity name="System.Core" version="3.5.0.0" publicKeyToken="b77a5c561934e089" language="neutral" processorArchitecture="msil" />
        </dependentAssembly>
      </dependency>

<dependency>
        <dependentAssembly dependencyType="preRequisite" allowDelayedBinding="true">
          <assemblyIdentity name="WindowsBase" version="3.0.0.0" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" processorArchitecture="msil" />
        </dependentAssembly>
      </dependency>

Friday, August 05, 2011 5:20 PM