none
Hard Drives Keeps Disappearing Windows 8.1

Question

• I just recently upgraded to Win 8.1. I have 3 hdds. Win is installed on Samsung SSD. The other hdds is for software and for games. The gaming hard drive keeps disappearing. I have to restart the computer to get it show again in My Computers. Also I notice sometimes when I restart my boot order keeps changing. I have to go into the bios and change the load order back to my SSD to the 1st priority. Can someone help with this issue?
    • Moved by Sheng Jiang 蒋晟MVP Saturday, June 14, 2014 7:38 PM Not dev related. Windows user forum is at answers.microsoft.com.
    Sunday, December 22, 2013 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi wjason777,

OS related issue please consult on MS Answers http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Hardware related issue please contact your provider.

For your issue, when you reboot you can press F2 or F12 to load your boot menu. However, please notice the key depends on your hardware. It migth also be F5. So you may have to contact your computer provider about this issue.

If you can open that Boot menu. Please try search for boot order. Then you will be able to change the order.

By the way, if SSD keeps disappear, I think it is poor contact. I will recommend you contact your provider for more details.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 23, 2013 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi wjason777,

OS related issue please consult on MS Answers http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows

Hardware related issue please contact your provider.

For your issue, when you reboot you can press F2 or F12 to load your boot menu. However, please notice the key depends on your hardware. It migth also be F5. So you may have to contact your computer provider about this issue.

If you can open that Boot menu. Please try search for boot order. Then you will be able to change the order.

By the way, if SSD keeps disappear, I think it is poor contact. I will recommend you contact your provider for more details.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, December 23, 2013 9:39 AM
  • I have the same problem, did anyone able to give you a solution?

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:51 PM
  • @kulivontot

Please consult this issue on the right forum. Windows Forms General is a forum related to Windows Forms UI design.

Thanks,

Barry Wang

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:13 AM