none
connecting TFS 2008 from Linux machine

問題

• How to connect to TFS 2008 machine using linux box?

In other way how to connect to TFs 2008 using commnad line utility (TFPT) from Linux box??

For this TeamPrize is prerequisite?

j_bond
    2011年2月2日 下午 12:00

解答

• You will need Team Explorer Everywhere 2010(Teamprise has been rebranded as Visual Studio Team Explorer Everywhere) To connect to TFS2008 from Linux box.

As per my knowledge, TFS Powertools will not work on Linux Box.

2011年2月2日 下午 01:56
  • Team Explorer Everywhere Setup also includes a Cross-platform Command-line Client for Team Foundation Server, which you can use to perform many version control operations. After installing this, you have to configure your shell or system path to include the installation folder.

For information about the commands, you can type tf help Command (for example: tf help checkin)

2011年2月2日 下午 04:59

所有回覆

• You will need Team Explorer Everywhere 2010(Teamprise has been rebranded as Visual Studio Team Explorer Everywhere) To connect to TFS2008 from Linux box.

As per my knowledge, TFS Powertools will not work on Linux Box.

2011年2月2日 下午 01:56
  • Thansk You Jehan.

So TE everywhere needs to get installed on linux box.

Then any idea how one can connect to TFS using command line from linux box?i mean any idea on command to connect to TFS-2008  team proj?

j_bond
    2011年2月2日 下午 02:17
  • Team Explorer Everywhere Setup also includes a Cross-platform Command-line Client for Team Foundation Server, which you can use to perform many version control operations. After installing this, you have to configure your shell or system path to include the installation folder.

For information about the commands, you can type tf help Command (for example: tf help checkin)

2011年2月2日 下午 04:59
  • Hello j_bond,

I have marked Jehan33's replies as answers. If you found them no help, please feel free to unmark them and let me know.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

2011年2月15日 上午 04:07