none
How to set the checksum on a .NET assembly (.dll, .exe) in VS project settings.

Soru

• I've created a .NET Class Library (DLL) project w/Visual Studio 2010. I would like to set the checksum on the created DLL assembly. Similar to the /RELEASE (Set Checksum) setting in a C++/MFC project. Does a .NET project have such a setting? Can this be done?

Any help is appreciated.

01 Mart 2012 Perşembe 22:27

Yanıtlar

• Not as far I know - Why would you need this setting anyway, the only use I know of is for device drivers? Perhaps you can tell us what you are trying to achieve and then we can see how you may accomplish that with .NET
    01 Mart 2012 Perşembe 23:21

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Not as far I know - Why would you need this setting anyway, the only use I know of is for device drivers? Perhaps you can tell us what you are trying to achieve and then we can see how you may accomplish that with .NET
    01 Mart 2012 Perşembe 23:21
  • Hi FYoungski,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I agree with Shaun. And do you have any update?

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

06 Mart 2012 Salı 14:07
    Moderatör
  • Hi, Here's why I would like to do it:

I have an assembly that creates and accesses very sensitive data in a secured database.

I would like to store also in this database the checksum of the release version of the assembly. In the constructor of the public class that initializes this library, I want to do something like - load a copy of the assembly and compute it's checksum, compare to the one in the database and take whatever action based on the comparison.

Thanks,

Gerry

17 Mayıs 2012 Perşembe 04:05