none
Cannot install VS2011 beta

Soru

• Just downloaded the beta VS2011 ISO.  De-compressed it, and am now trying to install VS2011.  I also tried using the regular VS2011 beta downloader program, and installing the VS2011 beta from the internet.

I run the installer as administrator.  After selecting the default install location, I get the following three errors:

- (Stop sign) Microsoft Visual C++ 11 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.50214
    The revocation process could not continue - the certificate(s) could not be checked.

- (Warning sign) Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview Pre-Clean Tool

The revocation process could not continue - the certificate(s) could not be checked.

- (Warning sign) Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview Pre-Clean Tool
    The system cannot find the path specified.

How can I fix these errors?  What do I need to do to properly  install the VS2011 beta?

29 Şubat 2012 Çarşamba 16:54

Yanıtlar

Tüm Yanıtlar

• I was having the same issue and was able to get around it by using the SetReg.exe to disable Certificate Revocation List checking.   

Found info regarding trying this here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/heaths/archive/2008/12/11/another-possible-workaround-for-error-1330.aspx

setreg 3 FALSE
    setreg 9 FALSE

SetReg is part of the Windows SDK (my path to it was:  c:\program files(x86)\Microsoft SDKs\v7.0a\bin\x64

Hope this helps.

29 Şubat 2012 Çarşamba 22:45
  • Tried it. Worked great! Thanks!

//Mikael Sand (MCTS) - http://tinyurl.com/mikaelsand Logica Sweden

01 Mart 2012 Perşembe 11:00
  • I tried what was shared, but was not able to solve the problem. is there anything else I am missing?
    09 Mart 2012 Cuma 10:20
  • Hi AustinAjit, are you connected to the internet while installing VS 11 Beta?

If you are not, could you please be connected and run the installation again?

If you are connected, please download this and install it on your computer by right-clicking it and clicking on "Install CRL". After that, click Next, and select "Automatically select the certificate store..", and then click Finish.

Once done, please try the installation again and do post back your results, thanks.

09 Mart 2012 Cuma 10:31
  • Is it mandatory to have Internet access to install VS 11 beta onto the box. I tried to download and install the CRL to the machine and tried... but still getting the same error.

09 Mart 2012 Cuma 11:56
  • Hi AustinAjit, from the articles that I have read, the installer is probably verifying the certificates on the files with a server to verify the integrity/authenticity of the files in question. I could be dead wrong however. What OS edition are you using? Please state if there are any service packs installed and also is it a 32/64 bit OS?
    09 Mart 2012 Cuma 12:49
  • hmmm that's interesting. I am using Windows 8 Consumer Preview 64 bit.

Thanks systemx for looking into this...

09 Mart 2012 Cuma 12:59
  • Hi AustinAjit, I just want to verify with you .. are you getting the exact same errors as the OP? Meaning both error messages like "The revocation process could not continue - the certificate(s) could not be checked." and "The system cannot find the path specified." as well, or just one of them only?

Is Win 8 CP installed on a physical box or in a VM? If its a VM, which VM? Is there any internet connection as well? It would be helpful if you post the entire installation error log as well. You can do that by following the steps below:

1. Download the Collect Log tool at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=12493

2. Clear your temporary folder with the steps below:

- Start > Run > Type %temp% > Delete all the files (there may be some files that cannot be removed; that's ok)

3. Run the VS 11 installer again.

4. After the installer hits an error, run Collect.exe that you downloaded from Step 1.

5. Go back to the %temp% folder like how you did from Step 2, and upload the vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive (make sure you change the file viewing permissions to public)

6. Post the public link back here.

Thanks!

09 Mart 2012 Cuma 13:13
  • I am getting the same error Installing VS 11 Beta.

Visual Studio 11 Prerequisites
    Incorrect function.

Microsoft Visual C++ 11 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.50214

Here is my vslogs.cab

I hope this is helpful to find a solution to the problem.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Ivan Farkas
    3D HD Soft, LLC

• Düzenleyen 3D HD Soft 12 Mart 2012 Pazartesi 02:31
    12 Mart 2012 Pazartesi 02:30
  • I am also facing the same issue:

(error) Microsoft Visual C++ 11 x64 Minimum Runtime - 11.0.50214

(warning) Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview Pre-Clean Tool

(warning) Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview Pre-Clean Tool

here is my vslogs.cab

Thanks!

Chanchala

13 Mart 2012 Salı 01:11
  • Finally i was able to collect the log file. Please view vslog.cab. Please let me know if I am missing something.

14 Mart 2012 Çarşamba 13:25
  • The ISO CRC was bad. I downloaded again and now it's good.

vs_ultimatelayout.exe is the suggested method on the VS 11 page. That's what I did and that worked.

3. Download the Product Layout (vs_ultimatelayout.exe):

• Download a local copy of the DVD layout to your computer. You can run Setup later without contacting the Internet, or you can copy and paste the DVD layout in another location.For most users, we recommended this option instead of the ISO image.
    • On this page, choose the Download button.

Ivan Farkas
    3D HD Soft, LLC

14 Mart 2012 Çarşamba 15:47
  • I am also facing this issue, how is it going now?
    • Düzenleyen Karen Woo 22 Mart 2012 Perşembe 02:17
    22 Mart 2012 Perşembe 02:17
  • Tried using vs_ultimatelayout.exe and was not successful. Thread

Only re-downloading ISO file with matching SHA-1 hash helped.

• Yanıt Olarak Öneren AustinAjit 26 Mart 2012 Pazartesi 04:49
    26 Mart 2012 Pazartesi 04:49
  • I can't install VS11 on my computer ! I've 4.5 GO free on my c disk (ssd) and i want to install vs on my D drive (1.5 TO, 900 GO free). But the installer tells me that I nedd at least 7 GO free on my c drive, it seems a lot for an installation on an another drive.

How can install VS on my d drive ?

30 Mart 2012 Cuma 18:04
  • You're going to have to free up space on your OS partition to meet the requirement. You cannot opt to not put the pieces on the OS drive that must be there.

All major Windows apps use some space on the OS drive, regardless of where you want to install them. The requirement for at least 7 Gig free on your OS drive is partly a temporary need for space during the install.

I suggest you either expand the size of your OS partition or temporarily remove some content.

30 Mart 2012 Cuma 20:08
  • Thanks so much to Jim's post as this helped me get around the certificate errors during installation. I think this should be added to the FAQ on the download site.
    17 Nisan 2012 Salı 22:59
  • Indeed very helpful, but what a trouble... :(

Hopefully MS fix it in RTM

06 Mayıs 2012 Pazar 07:15
  • In my case .iso file was corrupted (i got same messages). Try redownloading .iso or using web installer.

Regards,

MM

12 Ekim 2012 Cuma 20:05