none
Team Explorer Everywhere Eclipse plugin gets latest version randomly

คำถาม

• Hello,

After I started to work with TEE plugin for Eclipse the following happens a lot:
    1. I check out file A.java in my project and start working on it.

2. Other developer checks out B.java & C.java in the same project, makes some changes and checks these files in.

3. I realize that I need to change B.java as well. I check it out. The "get latest version on check out" setting isn't checked in eclipse's preferences, so I get some previous version of the file, which is ok to me. I intend to merge my changes later...

4. I'm trying to compile the project, but it doesn't compile because of the changes in C.java which is surprisingly now corresponds to the latest version - though I perfectly sure I didn't ask to get the latest version of it... 

I'm not sure that this scenario is exact. What I know is that at some point of time I get the latest version of the files I didn't ask to get.

I suspect it happens when I check out some other files but I've never been able to prove it. This behavior doesn't necessary reproduces itself.

Can you explain when TEE gets the files and how can I block this? When it does so, which files are updated? 

I want it to get the latest version only in one case - when I execute "Get Latest Version" command explicitly. Is it possible?

Thanks.

27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 12:21

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hi,

The option of get latest on checkout exists both on the client and on the server and the server setting overrides the client setting. So Could you please check if this option is set on the server, you can do so by checking the version control settings on the team project level from VS?

Please let me know if you have any other questions / issues.

Thanks

Mireille

27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 17:51
  • Hello,

The option on the server indeed was checked. I cleared it , but it didn't change anything. Note that we worked with TFS (in Visual Studio) for some years and this option was probably checked from the very beginning but this worked OK. I think it is something with the Eclipse plugin

In any case, this option must be relevant only to the file being checked out - not to other files.

What I'm trying to say, that I consistently find that the files I definitely didn't touch are being updated in my workspace with their latest version and I can't even catch the exact moment when this thing occurs. It just happens in the background while I'm working on some other files or projects. It feels like completely random behavior.

Thanks

1 มีนาคม 2555 8:47
  • Hi,

I understand this can be very annoying but I am sorry to say that without repro steps that would be difficult to investigate. you are welcomed to open a support ticket and have somebody follow up with you.

Please let me know if you have any questions/issues.

Thanks

Mireille

1 มีนาคม 2555 15:01