none
How to re-run failed tests in parameterization

คำตอบ

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hi Shiva,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

24 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 6:57
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Hi,

If you want to run a manual test case multiple times with different data, you do not have to create multiple copies of the test case. You can add parameters to the actions or expected results for any test step in your test case. Then you can add multiple sets of values for the parameters that you want to use in your test. Each set of values for the parameters is run as an individual iteration of the test using Test Runner.

Refer to: How to Add Parameters to a Manual Test Case To Run Multiple Times with Different Data( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997832(v=vs.110).aspx)

Best Regards,

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Forrest GuoModerator 25 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 15:55
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Forrest GuoModerator 27 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 3:18
    24 กุมภาพันธ์ 2555 15:16
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Hi,

If you want to run a manual test case multiple times with different data, you do not have to create multiple copies of the test case. You can add parameters to the actions or expected results for any test step in your test case. Then you can add multiple sets of values for the parameters that you want to use in your test. Each set of values for the parameters is run as an individual iteration of the test using Test Runner.

Refer to: How to Add Parameters to a Manual Test Case To Run Multiple Times with Different Data( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997832(v=vs.110).aspx)

Best Regards,

This really doesn't answer the question I think ...

If you have a parametrized test with 6 iterations, and iteration I1,I2,I3 and I5,I6 are passing, while I4 is marked as failed, how do you:

a) Re-run only Iteration I4 (If Tester B is to re-test the execution done by Tester A)

b) When Bug B4 reported on I4 is fixed, how can you re-run and verify only I4
         (I know for regression testing purposes you in most cases need to re-run all 6 iterations, but sometimes you want to verify only I4 if for
          example a larger regression pass is executed later ...)

Best regards,

/Per H.

/Per H.

9 มีนาคม 2555 12:33
  • Hi,

Do you intend to apply iteration as parameter in test? If that's the case, I think the iteation is misused. Iteration marks different stages in development lifecycle. Logically team could be in only one interation as I think. To run test against different builds, you may either make copy of existing test case and modify the iteration information, or maintain only one test case during development lifecycle, and update iteration information over iterations.

a) tester is supposed to Run test with Options and specify build;

b) Run test with Options and specify build.

When you need run test over new build, you need to change build in Test Plan properties.

Does this answer the question?

12 มีนาคม 2555 14:06
    ผู้ดูแล