none
How to track Tests in TFS 2010 Using VSTS 2010

Întrebare

• Can any one help me out in this? - "how to track all test cases for reduce the Redundancy at the time of creating the new test case in TFS 2010 using VSTS 2010."

Its urgent.

5 martie 2012 12:36

Răspunsuri

• Hi Krutin, 

Thanks for your reply.

The work item Titleand Stepsis not the unique in TFS work items. So there’s no the default feature to identify the new test case is already covered in work items while create the new test case.   

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

12 martie 2012 09:26

Toate mesajele

• A test case is a work item. You can create a query to view all Test Case work items.

Is this what you want? Else please help me understand your question.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

6 martie 2012 14:41
  • Hi Krutin, 

Thanks for your post.

As Ewald said, the test case is the Work Item in TFS 2001, we can create the work item query to view Test Case work item. For how to tracking work items in TFS 2010, please refer to this article: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2009/05/18/tfs-2010-work-item-tracking.aspx

John Qiao [MSFT]

7 martie 2012 09:51
  • Hi Ewald,

Thanks For Reply.

Actually I want to identify that a new test case step is already covered in any work item while creating the new test case in TFS 2010.

So by this way, I can remove Duplication of Test Cases and its steps from TFS 2010.

9 martie 2012 09:03
  • Hi Krutin, 

Thanks for your reply.

The work item Titleand Stepsis not the unique in TFS work items. So there’s no the default feature to identify the new test case is already covered in work items while create the new test case.   

John Qiao [MSFT]

12 martie 2012 09:26