Image Editing Buttons are greyed out for BMP inside ICO file

Pergunta

• I'm trying to edit one of the BMPs inside a ICO file in Visual Studio 2010.  I can select the layer, but the only tool available to me is zoom.  I want to use Visual Studio to edit the ICO vs. Paint.Net because I want to change the color of only one of the BMPs (the largest) and not the others.

terça-feira, 28 de fevereiro de 2012 18:16

Respostas

• Hi  QuinnH,
    I cannot reproduce this issue. What's the type of your project? Is it a MFC project, Winform project or other types project?
    Please try to create a new project, and try to edit the ico file again, see whether this issue still exists.
    If this issue remains, please try the following workarounds:
    1. If we reboot the operating system to safe mode, do we have the problem? This can help to isolate whether any other applications are interfering with Visual Studio. Note that some features (like IIS) are not available under safe mode. Please check whether this can apply or not. In addition to safe mode, we can also suggest “clean boot”: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353.
    2. If we disable Add-ins (e.g. “Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) and run “devenv.exe /safemode”, do we still have the problem? This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins are causing problems.
    3. If we use “devenv.exe /resetsettings”, does it solve the problem? It restores Visual Studio default settings.

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012 06:27

Todas as Respostas

• Hi  QuinnH,
    I cannot reproduce this issue. What's the type of your project? Is it a MFC project, Winform project or other types project?
    Please try to create a new project, and try to edit the ico file again, see whether this issue still exists.
    If this issue remains, please try the following workarounds:
    1. If we reboot the operating system to safe mode, do we have the problem? This can help to isolate whether any other applications are interfering with Visual Studio. Note that some features (like IIS) are not available under safe mode. Please check whether this can apply or not. In addition to safe mode, we can also suggest “clean boot”: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353.
    2. If we disable Add-ins (e.g. “Tools” | “Add-in Manager”) and run “devenv.exe /safemode”, do we still have the problem? This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins are causing problems.
    3. If we use “devenv.exe /resetsettings”, does it solve the problem? It restores Visual Studio default settings.

Lucy Liu [MSFT]

quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012 06:27
  • Hi QuinnH,

I temporary make my last reply as answer. You can unmark it if they provide no help.

Thank you for your understanding!

Lucy Liu [MSFT]

terça-feira, 6 de março de 2012 06:53