As usual I'll start with custom "I'm a newbee...".
I'm trying to implement my own custom type editor for user input data in the build definitions.
I'm having a couple of problems, but foremost, how can I debug my code?
How do I dispatch a Custom UITypeEditor from the TFS definitions screen?
And in addition, when ever I make a change to my custom UITypeEditor, in order to see it I have to close and reopen VS?! what am I doing wrong?
Why doesn't the TFS definition screen get the updated UITypeEditor from the DLL? how can I make it reload it?
- 이동됨 Forrest GuoModerator 2012년 7월 23일 월요일 오전 9:27 build automation question. (From:Team Foundation Server - General)
Thank you for your question.
I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Cathy Kong [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
There's a good tutorial about how to implement a UI Type Editor, see here
To debug your code, there're two steps:
- Add code to your custome UI Type Editor project: System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break()
- Start two VS instance. One for custom UI Type editor runtime, you play with the editor, the other for custom UI Type editor design time project. When the above breakpoint hit, you attach to first instance of VS from second.
When you make change to custome UI Type Editor, I think restarting VS is necessary. Also refers to this article. It's about create custom work flow activity.
Hope this helps.
Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager
- 편집됨 Forrest GuoModerator 2012년 7월 23일 월요일 오전 9:27 fix typo
Starting a second VS instance is indeed the best way to go. You can even set it as startup command for your assembly for whenever you press F5.
It might be wise to use an Experimental Hyve for that second instance, that way, whenever you break somethign inside Visual Studio, your main instance will remain working:
My blog: blog.jessehouwing.nl
- 편집됨 Jesse Houwing 2012년 7월 23일 월요일 오후 12:13