none
honeywell USB Scanner not working in POS.Net

質問

• Hi Guys

I have Honeywell USB scanner, it is working in notepad and reading a label not a problem

But it is not communicating with POS .Net, I am using Vista in my developing machine

Also I have installed driver but I am not sure it is proper driver or not, I have download from internet

Any suggestion or I am missing something

Please give me advice

Thanks

Rizwan

2011年11月3日 15:45

回答

• This is new. Typically, I have seen one or the other, but not both. Again, please contact Honeywell to see what is going on.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    2011年11月8日 16:54

すべての返信

• Did you set the mode for the scanner to USB HID instead of keyboard emulation?

Does the scanner appear in the TestApp that comes with the SDK?

Which model is it?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    2011年11月3日 17:13
  • i did not set the mode

Where I have to set the mode for the scanner ?

scanner does not appear in the TestApp

Thanks

Rizwan

rizwan
    2011年11月3日 19:18
  • The user manual should have information about setting the mode. Basically, you have to scan some bar codes.

-Sean

2011年11月3日 20:54
  •  

I have uninstall all version POS .Net

And installed fresh copy of  “POS for .Net v1.12.exe”, after installation I am not able to run this application “posdm.exe”

This application is installed in following folder

“C:\Program Files\Microsoft Point Of Service”

Whenever I clicked on posdm.exe then dos screen is open and scrolling automatically and suddenly is disappeared

I want test my scanner “Honeywell MS 5145 Eclipse” in POS .Net

I am running Vista Business in my development machine

Thanks

rizwan
    2011年11月4日 3:20
  • POSDM.EXE is a command line utility. You have to open a commnad window to run it, and the command window must be openned with elevated privaleges.

Sounds like you are just starting. You might want to look at a few resources:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/scobleizer/Craig-Jensen-Windows-Embedded-for-Point-of-Sale

http://www.seanliming.com/POSforNET.html

http://www.annabooks.com/Book_PGPOS.html

-Sean

2011年11月4日 6:26
  • I have read your link which you refer in last post

I am able to run SOM instead of POSDM.EXE
    I have already installed POS.Net 1.12

SOM did not find my scanner, which I have attached with my PC via USB
    Also My scanner in device manager showing under Keyboard category as (HID Keyboard Device), Is it OK

My questions are

Do I need to install driver for my scanner “Honeywell MS 5145 Eclipse” if so then where I can download driver for this scanner

Do I need to install OPOS Driver?  (What is for)

Thanks very much for you’re supporting

rizwan
    • 編集済み Rizwkhan 2011年11月4日 14:21
    2011年11月4日 14:20
  • For the scanner to work with POS for .NET, the scanner must be switch to USB HID mode. Right now, it i acting like a keyboard wedge. The scanners user manualy should have scan codes to switch it to USb mode. A service object and OPOS driver act as the link from the hardware (USB HID mode) to the POS for .NET run time.

My book covers this in detail with examples of a HHP scanner.

-Sean

2011年11月4日 16:24
  • Hi,

I have also installed the driver for my scanner “MS5145_OPOSInstall.exe”

But MetrOPOSAdministrator Tool does not recognize the scanner

When I test my scanner, then I am getting this Error

“The Scanner cannot be tested because the OPOS driver could not communicate

to the scanner

Please make sure you have the scanner connected to the system”

Device information screen does not have the scanner information

Also I have scan USB interface barcode, but did not work

In previous post, you said I have to change scanner mode to USB HID, please let me know what is the process of change the mode of scanner

What step I am missing, please let me know,

Please help me

Thanks

Rizwan

rizwan
    2011年11月5日 7:00
  • If you are having problems with switching the scanner to USB mode, you should talk to the scanner manufacturer directly. It is challenge to see what is going via a forum.

-Sean

2011年11月6日 6:54
  • My scanner is already in USB HID mode,

My Scanner has both modes simultaneously

a)      USB HID

b)      Keyboard

Please see attached image from Device manager screenshot

is this OK ?

rizwan
    • 編集済み Rizwkhan 2011年11月7日 4:43
    2011年11月7日 3:55
  • This is new. Typically, I have seen one or the other, but not both. Again, please contact Honeywell to see what is going on.

-Sean

2011年11月8日 16:54