none
Issues with ParallelTemplate.xaml

Tutte le risposte

• Alex,

Are you seeing issues with the template or are these findings based on a quick look through? The source get version for a build should be synchronized on the build agents since it's set and locked when the build is started on the controller unless an override is specified in the process parameters.

Patrick

martedì 21 settembre 2010 15:27
  • 1. Which controller activity sets and locks source version?

2. I was getting duplicate label error in LabelWorkspace.

martedì 21 settembre 2010 15:35
  • 1. The build controller itself does this. The build request used to queue a build can either specify 'LatestOnBuild', 'LatestOnQueue', or 'Custom' as the get version. The default is 'LatestOnBuild', which is resolved to the latest changeset on the build controller prior to launching the workflow.

2. I'll let Jim know so we can update the posted template.

Thanks,

Patrick

martedì 21 settembre 2010 18:36
  • I also got the duplicate label error, the reason is that the label activity is executed once for each configuration, which can't be right?

/Jakob

Blog: http://geekswithblogs.net/jakob Twitter: http://twitter.com/osirisjakob
    martedì 21 settembre 2010 18:48
  • How is this version information gets propagated from the controller to the agent? GetVersion argument?
    martedì 21 settembre 2010 18:53
  • Another optimization youu can make is move SourceIndex to per-configuration and PublishSymbols to after Build in Parallel. Otherwise it is done multiple times for the same pdb's.
    martedì 21 settembre 2010 18:57
  • Actually, I found that label activity can be run multiple times as long as it is synchronized. But you are right: there is no point invoking this activity more than once per build.Another possible optimization for parallel template.
    martedì 21 settembre 2010 19:00
  • The label problem occurres also on our build system.

Is there any solution available? An updated version of the template?

Best regards,

stefan

venerdì 11 febbraio 2011 19:39
  • Is there any one had a successful parallel build using the Parallel build template from http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jimlamb/archive/2010/09/14/parallelized-builds-with-tfs2010.aspx?

I had only one successful build then it starts failed after the 2nd build error saying, "TF203059: The label xxx  already exists. Retry the command with a different label name."

mercoledì 23 maggio 2012 23:34
  • This template was released without taking into account that the label activity, among others, was modified with a new RunOnce behavior. This was not introduced until very early in the TFS 11 development cycle, and I missed this requirement when providing the template to Jim for the blog post, so you will need to disable labeling or synchronize this yourself until you upgrade. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Patrick

venerdì 25 maggio 2012 02:38