none
How can I get an IAssemblySymbol for a IProject?

Domanda

• I've loaded a project via Workspace.LoadStandAloneProject and now I'd like to get ahold of the AssemblySymbol that represents the project. Is there a simple way to do this? Right now I have to use the ISemanticModel to resolve a syntax element in a SyntaxTree I get from an IDocument that I got from an IProject and then walk upto the AssemblySymbol. 

Shouldn't IProject contain an ICompilation that can enumerate all the referenced AssemblySymbols -- both metadata and project reference -- and enumerate all the trees for each document?

Thanks,
    Chris

martedì 14 febbraio 2012 23:18

Risposte

• You should be able to get to the AssemblySymbols, SyntaxTrees etc. as follows. (Of course you can also get to the MetadataReferences \ SyntaxTrees via the Compilation instead of using the IProject.)

var compilation = project.GetCompilation();
    var currentAssembly = project.GetCompilation().Assembly;
    var referenceAssembly = compilation.GetReferencedAssemblySymbol(project.MetadataReferences.First());
    var tree = project.Documents.First().GetSyntaxTree();

Shyam Namboodiripad | Software Development Engineer in Test | Roslyn Compilers Team

• Contrassegnato come risposta kingces95 mercoledì 15 febbraio 2012 00:50
    mercoledì 15 febbraio 2012 00:06
    Proprietario

Tutte le risposte

• You should be able to get to the AssemblySymbols, SyntaxTrees etc. as follows. (Of course you can also get to the MetadataReferences \ SyntaxTrees via the Compilation instead of using the IProject.)

var compilation = project.GetCompilation();
    var currentAssembly = project.GetCompilation().Assembly;
    var referenceAssembly = compilation.GetReferencedAssemblySymbol(project.MetadataReferences.First());
    var tree = project.Documents.First().GetSyntaxTree();

Shyam Namboodiripad | Software Development Engineer in Test | Roslyn Compilers Team

• Contrassegnato come risposta kingces95 mercoledì 15 febbraio 2012 00:50
    mercoledì 15 febbraio 2012 00:06
    Proprietario
  • Oh, duh. I keep not guessing if I have to use a "Get" prefix...
    • Modificato kingces95 mercoledì 15 febbraio 2012 01:04
    mercoledì 15 febbraio 2012 00:50