none
Configuring Multiple TFS Build Services on one Machine

Risposte

• Why would you need a second build controller, the only thing I can think of is that you want the same machine to service two project collections at the same time.

In all other cases, adding more Build Agents and setting specific tags on each should be more than sufficient.

What is not supported is the whole server where the unsupported things are installed upon. So if this machine is also your main TFS server, your whole setup is unsupported. If it is a separate server, then just that server is unsupported.

Also if you have issues with the Team Build system, your build servers might be unsupported as long as you have the double Controller server registered with TFS.

My blog: blog.jessehouwing.nl

• Contrassegnato come risposta SpaceCS mercoledì 13 giugno 2012 12:10
    mercoledì 13 giugno 2012 09:00

Tutte le risposte

• Why would you need a second build controller, the only thing I can think of is that you want the same machine to service two project collections at the same time.

In all other cases, adding more Build Agents and setting specific tags on each should be more than sufficient.

What is not supported is the whole server where the unsupported things are installed upon. So if this machine is also your main TFS server, your whole setup is unsupported. If it is a separate server, then just that server is unsupported.

Also if you have issues with the Team Build system, your build servers might be unsupported as long as you have the double Controller server registered with TFS.

My blog: blog.jessehouwing.nl

mercoledì 13 giugno 2012 09:00
    • Contrassegno come risposta annullato SpaceCS mercoledì 13 giugno 2012 12:10
    mercoledì 13 giugno 2012 09:02
  • In a company that has say several departments and one would like to maintain a separate collection for each of the departments the ability to create multiple build controllers on the same machine is a necessary feature.  Not all companies have multiple servers to apply to the given task.   Until I found this discussion board, I thought I was missing something as the examples from microsoft show multiple build controllers but the docs do not mention that each controller is on its own machine.

We will give the link a try to setup another build controller to farm on the same server for the given collection(s) that are currently in place.

giovedì 27 settembre 2012 20:19