none
Strategy for controlling the Contents of the Found In and Fixed Build Field

Pertanyaan

• We are just getting started using TFS Build and Source control and are now building up our processes. We have migrated our code from other source control and build systems and are ready to go.

Previously we simply used Global List values to populate the Found In and Fixed In fields.

Now that the fields are populating I'm looking for strategies to make them a little less... chaotic.

We are running Dev and Integration builds, as well as the automated test case builds and more -- We really don't need anything but the Integration Builds to populate that list - Additionally we use a single Team Project to manage several different code-bases and releases - so you can see the number of builds appearing in the drop down lists is getting rapidly out of hand.

Is there any way to 'filter' out values from those fields...  or perhaps a way to have them not populate by setting something in the Build Definition itself?

Suggestions?

Thanks -

James Taylor
    25 Januari 2012 22:41

Jawaban

• Hi James,

perhaps a way to have them not populate by setting something in the Build Definition itself?

Do you mean that you do not need the dropdown list of these field? If so, you can remove the SUGGESTEDVALUES of these fields.

Is there any way to 'filter' out values from those fields?

1. Create another Global List, and use it as the SUGGESTEDVALUES of these fields.

Or 2. Create a custom control to filter the values in the global list.

Ruiz Yi
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    26 Januari 2012 6:06

Semua Balasan

• Hi James,

perhaps a way to have them not populate by setting something in the Build Definition itself?

Do you mean that you do not need the dropdown list of these field? If so, you can remove the SUGGESTEDVALUES of these fields.

Is there any way to 'filter' out values from those fields?

1. Create another Global List, and use it as the SUGGESTEDVALUES of these fields.

Ruiz Yi
    26 Januari 2012 6:06
  • Hi,

How is this issue now?

Ruiz Yi
    01 Februari 2012 1:31
  • I am very interested in your suggestion as follows:

Can you give me more specific steps in how I would I accomplish either of the two? We have an ever growing list of Builds and the Integration Build and Found in Build drop down lists and that is making it difficult for users to find the build they're looking for. I'd like to trim what appears in those drop downs and have yet to find the way to do that.

I did go through and delete all of the irrelevant older builds via the Build Explorer in VS...but they still exist in the drop downs so there is a recod of them somewhere else and I want to clear that as well.

Thanks,

Mike

08 Februari 2012 17:00