none
TFS 2010 Empty Global List After Project Creation

Pertanyaan

• Hello Friends

I just recently created a new Project Collection and a Team Project using the MSF for Agile Software Development v5.0 template. The collection and project both finished without error.

Upon inspecting the global list I was surprised to see that there wasn't any defined. Does the MSF for Agile Software Development v5.0 template ship with a global list? There are work item types.

When I use the process editor and open Global List from server it is empty. Am I missing something?

Best Regards

C

24 Februari 2012 17:58

Jawaban

• Hi czofnas,

Thank you for your post.

It is alright for got an empty list, because you do not add any global list to new TFS, and do not queue any build in your new TFS.

You can use witadmin listgloballist /collection:CollectionURL commandto displays the name of each global list defined on current TFS server, you will find it is empty too.

Totally, there are two ways will create new global lists in TFS: add global lists to TFS explicit, and queue build in TFS. Add global lists to TFS explicit, of couse, the global list will not be empty. After you queue TFS build, there will be a Build folder shown in the global list(open it through Process Editor-->Global List-->Open Global List from Server), each item under build folder is all the builds you have queued.

If you  use witadmin listgloballist /collection:CollectionURL command after you add global list to TFS, or queue build in TFS, it is not empty again.

I hope this information will help resolve this issue.

If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Best regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

27 Februari 2012 7:22
  • C,

Global list is being filled with the name of the finished builds for example. So in your case if you just created a Project Collection and a new Team Project you should have an empty list. At the moment that you have a TFS build and that build has one or more finished builds a Global list is going to be filled with those values.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. --- Success, Damir

24 Februari 2012 23:38

Semua Balasan

• C,

Global list is being filled with the name of the finished builds for example. So in your case if you just created a Project Collection and a new Team Project you should have an empty list. At the moment that you have a TFS build and that build has one or more finished builds a Global list is going to be filled with those values.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. --- Success, Damir

24 Februari 2012 23:38
  • Hi czofnas,

Thank you for your post.

It is alright for got an empty list, because you do not add any global list to new TFS, and do not queue any build in your new TFS.

You can use witadmin listgloballist /collection:CollectionURL commandto displays the name of each global list defined on current TFS server, you will find it is empty too.

Totally, there are two ways will create new global lists in TFS: add global lists to TFS explicit, and queue build in TFS. Add global lists to TFS explicit, of couse, the global list will not be empty. After you queue TFS build, there will be a Build folder shown in the global list(open it through Process Editor-->Global List-->Open Global List from Server), each item under build folder is all the builds you have queued.

If you  use witadmin listgloballist /collection:CollectionURL command after you add global list to TFS, or queue build in TFS, it is not empty again.

I hope this information will help resolve this issue.

If anything is unclear, please free feel to let me know.

Best regards,

Lily Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

27 Februari 2012 7:22