none
Add Database to old MFC app

שאלה

• I'm a c# programer and have been given an old MFC c++ app that I need to add a database to in a Dialog form. I used the wizard to add a "MFC ODBC Consumer" to the app. This seems to work well and added the DataSet with the RFX definitions to the project. It did not add a view or the DFX. How would I add the view and link to my Dialog box controls?

Thanks in advance.

יום שלישי 28 פברואר 2012 17:36

תשובות

• There are n no of way if it is your own dialog you can create object of your NumWatch class and can perform operation . If not you can use FindWindow() method to get the handle of the window . and if you want any child window on that then you can use EnumChildWindowProc() on your main dialog handle.

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי Rob Pan יום חמישי 08 מרץ 2012 07:14
    יום שלישי 06 מרץ 2012 20:10

כל התגובות

• Wizard is not part of the C++ language. 

No data binding wizard for dialog-based apps in VC. If you use something like MVVM, you can write your data exchange code in DoDataExchange.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

יום שלישי 28 פברואר 2012 18:04
  • I believe I'm down to one line to get this to work. The example I found has a line

m_pSet = &GetDocument()->m_UDataSet;

where you are setting the view class, m_pSet, to the dialog box, m_UDataSet.

In the example,

CUDataView - is main form or document.
    CUDataSet* m_pSet
    CUDataDoc
    CudataSet m_UDataSet ;

In my code,

USBDataView- data set
    CPub_Numbers* m_pSet

NumWatch - pop up dialog
    CPub_Numbers m_Pub_Numbers ;

So m_UDataSet is of a document, in my code, NumWatch is of a dialog. So when I use code

m_pSet = &GetDocument()->m_NumWatch; <==error CDocument has no member "m_NumWatch"

so how do I set m_pSet to a pointer pointing to the dialog NumWatch?

יום שלישי 28 פברואר 2012 20:31
  • GetDocument is function which gets a pointer to the view's document. So m_NumWatch is not a member of GetDocument .
    יום שישי 02 מרץ 2012 05:56
  • The sample code is for the MFC add variable wizard which only support a formview, not a dialog.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

יום ראשון 04 מרץ 2012 23:29
  • Is there a way to get a pointer to NumWatch since it is a dialog?
    יום שלישי 06 מרץ 2012 17:49
  • There are n no of way if it is your own dialog you can create object of your NumWatch class and can perform operation . If not you can use FindWindow() method to get the handle of the window . and if you want any child window on that then you can use EnumChildWindowProc() on your main dialog handle.

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

• סומן כתשובה על-ידי Rob Pan יום חמישי 08 מרץ 2012 07:14
    יום שלישי 06 מרץ 2012 20:10
  • Do it yourself. When you create the dialog you can save a pointer to it for future use. Store the pointer in the class that will need it.
    יום שלישי 06 מרץ 2012 20:15