none
C++ AMP: Microsoft Visual C++ 11 Redistributable Package?

Question

• We have a big solution with several C# projects in Visual Studio 2010 version, in which I want to integrate a C++ AMP and its C++/CLI wrapper as external DLL for the moment (we don't want to migrate the whole solution now to VS11).

Also, not all developer and test machines will have VS11 Beta installed. As no Microsoft Visual C++ 11 Redistributable Package seems to exit as stated on VS website:

Note: For C++ desktop applications, redistribution of Microsoft Visual C++ files is not supported with Visual Studio 11 Beta, so static linking to the runtime is required.

I tried to compile my C++ AMP with /MT. It remove the dependency to MSVCP110 and MSVCR110 DLL, but it still has a dependency to VCAMP110 DLL (C++ AMP Runtime).

What is the best way to install theses DLL on the developer and test machine without installing VS11 Beta everywhere?

mercredi 7 mars 2012 10:20

Réponses

• Hi PYB_42

The C++ AMP runtime (vcamp110.dll) is the only C++ AMP-specific component. It has dependencies on msvcr110.dll and msvcp110.dll. When we release the final product you’ll be able to distribute the Microsoft Visual C++ 11 Redistributable Package that includes everything in it (incl. the C++ AMP runtime).

For now, with the Beta, you need to distribute vcamp110.dll with your app (applocal folder), i.e. there is no central distribution allowed, or putting our binaries in system32 etc.

Cheers
    Daniel

http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/

• Marqué comme réponse PYB_42 jeudi 8 mars 2012 10:25
    mercredi 7 mars 2012 22:00

Toutes les réponses

• Hi PYB_42

The C++ AMP runtime (vcamp110.dll) is the only C++ AMP-specific component. It has dependencies on msvcr110.dll and msvcp110.dll. When we release the final product you’ll be able to distribute the Microsoft Visual C++ 11 Redistributable Package that includes everything in it (incl. the C++ AMP runtime).

For now, with the Beta, you need to distribute vcamp110.dll with your app (applocal folder), i.e. there is no central distribution allowed, or putting our binaries in system32 etc.

Cheers
    Daniel

http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/

• Marqué comme réponse PYB_42 jeudi 8 mars 2012 10:25
    mercredi 7 mars 2012 22:00
  • Thanks Daniel, it works fine (I tried it before, but I must have done something bad with System32/SysWOW64 thing).
    jeudi 8 mars 2012 10:27
  • you need to distribute vcamp110.dll with your app (applocal folder)

Is it legal? I'm asking that since you can't distribute freely DirectX libraries for example

Also where I can subscribe (via mail/RSS or Twitter) for the news about new 2012 Redistributable Package for Windows 7? Is it planned or C++11 will be exclusive feature of Windows 8 or we always should include libs for both of the systems now?

Thanks!

mardi 26 juin 2012 19:48