none
Point of Sale Cash Register Programming Help

Pregunta

• I am a student at DeVry. I havent had any classes in VB yet but wanting to get a jump start before I take the class. I have a person that is using a DOS based program from Keyhut.com and is working pretty good for him but I would like to use Visual Studios 2010 to make him a better program with a few personal touches. Is there a way to convert a DOS program to VB so I dont have to reinvent the wheel or does someone have a POS started then I can learn the protocol on writing my own. Any help is appreciated
    lunes, 06 de febrero de 2012 2:46

Todas las respuestas

• there is no conversion program. DOS is kind of ancient now so it is good to move on to VB.NET. First steps is to get up to speed on .NET programming. Microsoft Press has a number of books that teach you the basics. Once you are confident in VB.NET, there is a book that covers POS for .NET: http://www.annabooks.com/Book_PGPOS.html

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET
    lunes, 06 de febrero de 2012 5:11
    Usuario que responde
  • Sean,

Any plans for a hard copy version of your book? I don't have a kindle or ebook reader.

lunes, 13 de febrero de 2012 19:54
  • Currently, there is no plans for a hard copy. Microsoft future plans and general interest could change those plans. There is a Kindle reader for the PC and other mobile devices so you don't need a kindle tablet.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

martes, 14 de febrero de 2012 1:34
    Usuario que responde
  • Thank you Sean. I downloaded the kindle reader from Amazon and just bought your book.
    martes, 14 de febrero de 2012 13:54