none
It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process.

Pregunta

• Hello,

We are getting this error on Win 2003/IIS 6:

It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process.

We have Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on the server & set up different application pools for each site.  We are still getting the error & took down the 2003 site.  The only other 2003 app is a windows application that runs on the server every hour on the hour.  Is there anything else we can do?

Thanks,

CM

martes, 25 de septiembre de 2007 16:00

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Win2003 comes locked down IIS 6 is not installed by default and standard install does not include the components needed to run Asp.net, try the link below for configurations options.  Hope this helps.

http://www.asp.net/learn/whitepapers/aspnet-and-iis6/

martes, 25 de septiembre de 2007 16:57
    Moderador
  • Thank you for your reply.  We have both versions of IIS installed on this server.  We were running 1.1, now we're running 2.0, except for that one application, which is not an asp.net application, but a windows 1.1 application.

Thanks,

CM

martes, 25 de septiembre de 2007 17:03
  • Nevermind, we fixed it, thanks.  We had a dll

used by the site that was still 2003.

Thank you,

CM

martes, 25 de septiembre de 2007 17:11
  • Hi,

Try change the Application pool of the directory virtual.

in my case in the defaultapppool is framework 1.1 and .net 2.0 is framework 2.0

:-)

Leandro Ikezili

viernes, 25 de abril de 2008 17:46
  •  CHM wrote:

Hello,

We are getting this error on Win 2003/IIS 6:

It is not possible to run two different versions of ASP.NET in the same IIS process. Please use the IIS Administration Tool to reconfigure your server to run the application in a separate process.

We have Frameworks 1.1 and 2.0 on the server & set up different application pools for each site.  We are still getting the error & took down the 2003 site.  The only other 2003 app is a windows application that runs on the server every hour on the hour.  Is there anything else we can do?

Thanks,

CM

sábado, 26 de abril de 2008 4:00
  •  

I'm pleased to announce the public availability of my IIS Metabase Analyzer which will help you locate and resolve this issue. It is available here:

http://allegiance.chi-town.com/IisMetabaseAnalyzer.aspx

Please let me know if you find it useful.

Thanks,
    Nick.

martes, 17 de junio de 2008 5:29
  • Apply Different Application Pool To Different Web Application.

I have Solved Similar Problem Just See At :-

http://dotnet-magic.blogspot.com/2008/11/it-is-not-possible-to-run-two-different.html

Dot Net Magic

viernes, 28 de noviembre de 2008 11:29
  • Hi.

It is possible to run two .net framework parallely 1.1 and 2.0.

Make sure your web server is configured at higher framework and the

virtual applications or web site configured according to the requirements.

Each application framework is possible to configure through IIS 6.

just go to properties and choose the framework from the dropdown list under ASP.NEt tab.

The IIS should run at 2.0 the higher one...

For all the se problems Microsoft has developed the VS2008 which helps to configure you web applications and windows application at different level of frameworks, depends on the requirements.

It also help to convert the application from lower framwork to higher one.

Thanks and Regards
    aryan
    sábado, 29 de noviembre de 2008 6:32
  • I am using IIS 6.0 in Windows 2003 SP2 and have this same error logged the event log.  It was occurring when attempting to run a Silverlight web application that requires ASP.Net framework 4.  In order to fix it I decided to upgrade the Default Web Site to .Net framework version 4 by running aspnet_regiis -i in the Microsoft.Net 4 folder.  I then went through all my web applications and upgraded them all to framework 4 using the ASP.Net tab in Properties.  I then restart the IIS Admin service.

So now everything is at .Net framework 4.  I've tried running the Silverlight web application again and the same error occurs in the event log, just as it did before.  The Silverlight web application runs in its own Application Pool.

What else do I need to do?

Thanks

Mark

viernes, 18 de noviembre de 2011 19:24