none
Blend for VS does not have Design View, or Add New Item in WPF .NET 4.5 Project...

Pregunta

• I am looking for an answer to this and havent found any definitive answer... when I create a .NET 4.5 WPF Application, everything looks and works fine in VS11, however when i open the project in Blend for Visual Studio, I do not recieve a Design View when i open XAML files, nor can I "Add New Item..." to the project. Ive spent some time on google with this and cannot find any information on whether Yes or NO that Blend for Visual Studio supports 4.5 framework.

Does Blend for Visual Studio not support .NET 4.5 framework? If it does, any tips on whats going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Steps to Repro:
    -----------------------
    1. In Visual Studio 11 beta, create a new Project. Choose Visual C# --> Windows --> WPF Application. Name project and find a Location. Make sure you select .NET Framework 4.5 from the dropdown list above the project type pane.
    2. Open Blend for Visual Studio (that comes installed with VS11).
    3. Open Project you created in step 1.
    4. In the Projects pane of Blend for Visual Studio, double click MainWindow.xaml.

Result: MainWindow.xaml opens in code view, but there is no tabs for Design, Code, and Split views.

martes, 13 de marzo de 2012 17:33

Respuestas

Todas las respuestas

• Hi BradThor,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

I tested your problem by the steps you provided. I have the same results as you. In fact, the XAML and silverlight components are not included in this beta version. Please refer to this page for more information: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/devschool/archive/2012/03/01/blend-5-and-visual-studio-11-awesome.aspx

If you have any other problems, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marcado como respuesta Alexander Sun jueves, 29 de marzo de 2012 6:20
    lunes, 19 de marzo de 2012 5:22
  • Installed VS2012 RC... same problem as above, but now I cannot even open 4.0 framework projects...

Is this by design? I find it hard to believe this passed through testing without notice... Whats the deal?

martes, 05 de junio de 2012 16:37
  • I am looking for an answer to this and havent found any definitive answer... when I create a .NET 4.5 WPF Application, everything looks and works fine in VS11, however when i open the project in Blend for Visual Studio, I do not recieve a Design View when i open XAML files, nor can I "Add New Item..." to the project. Ive spent some time on google with this and cannot find any information on whether Yes or NO that Blend for Visual Studio supports 4.5 framework.

Does Blend for Visual Studio not support .NET 4.5 framework? If it does, any tips on whats going on here?

Thanks in advance.

Steps to Repro:
    -----------------------
    1. In Visual Studio 11 beta, create a new Project. Choose Visual C# --> Windows --> WPF Application. Name project and find a Location. Make sure you select .NET Framework 4.5 from the dropdown list above the project type pane.
    2. Open Blend for Visual Studio (that comes installed with VS11).
    3. Open Project you created in step 1.
    4. In the Projects pane of Blend for Visual Studio, double click MainWindow.xaml.

Result: MainWindow.xaml opens in code view, but there is no tabs for Design, Code, and Split views.

I'm having the same issue with the RTM today. All i can do is edit the XAML. Maybe we're the only two people seeing this.

-phil

sábado, 08 de septiembre de 2012 13:10
  • Brad, after seeing your query here, I had posted the same to twitter... this was the response I just got:

@philiplavoie Blend for Visual Studio 2012 is for Windows8 development only. Use Blend + Sketflow preview for WPF / SL development.

I'm pulling down the preview to see if this fills the gap created.

• Editado philiplavoie sábado, 08 de septiembre de 2012 19:42
    sábado, 08 de septiembre de 2012 19:42
  • This is pretty sad. As a C# developer, I ignored Blend because I thought it was for web designers. Then I started watching MSDN and Blendinsider.com videos and was convinced it was a great tool for sprucing up WPF apps. I spent two days getting up to speed on it. Installed/added it to my existing VS 2012 configuration, and got the latest Update (Update 2 CTP 3). What do I, as a developer dedicated to Microsoft technologies get?

- The Update broke my connectivity with TFS (2008).

- Two hours to uninstall, repair, reinstall Update 1;

- Finally, open an existing WPF project in Blend...and no designer.

Blend for VS 2012 not supported on Windows 7? Only for Windows 8? Are you kidding me?

Then why does it not bring up some kind of warning when I install: "Warning: we want you to use Blend, but this product is completely useless on your non-Windows 8 environment."

And why does one have to spend 30 minutes searching to find a clear statement that it won't open a designer unless on Windows 8? Couldn't Microsoft make it just a little more obvious?

sábado, 23 de febrero de 2013 4:00