none
How to handle Business Exception in WWF?

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please provide more detail on what you are trying to find out?  Any and all additional context would be helpful, such as which version of WF you are trying to use, your current development environment, Operating System, etc.

Thanks,

Ed
    • Proposed as answer by edhickeyOwner Monday, November 02, 2009 6:41 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:37 PM
  • Does the Try/Catch activity provide you what you need?

-Amy
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:07 PM
  • Hi,

I want to extend the WCF & WF 4.0 in .NET 4.0 to handle Business Exception for SOA-based applications. I don't know these function are available .NET 4.0 or not. If not, how we can extend WCF & WF 4.0 to do that?

"Business Exceptions" DON'T mean exceptions such as divide zero,out of memory,... BUT I want to mention the exception in business. Example I want to mention  2 business exception: multi-version and bypassing problems. They could happen in both control and data flows.

-  The  multi-version problem of the control flow is the existence of two or more workflows supporting one task at the same time. Which workflow is chosen to be executed depends on some certain conditions.
      -  The  bypassing  problem, the second concerned exception,  considers situations which can lead to some steps being skipped or substituted with other ones in the execution sequence of a particular  workflow. We classify this control flow bypassing problem into two categories: conditional and manual bypassing. With the conditional  bypassing  problem, a step can be omitted if certain conditions are satisfied. On the other hand, the manual bypassing allows authorized users to skip a step on their own responsibility. Similarly, the bypassing problem could occur in the data flow as well, causing some input data to be omitted or replaced. We called this a message bypassing problem.

Rdgs,
    V.

Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:23 AM
  • Hi all,

Is there any idea about that?

V.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:31 PM