none
Font 'Arial' does not support styly 'Regular'

Question

• My problem is that I can add a table or matrix from toolbox to a designer.

Here is my step (with VS2008):

1.       create a project with window form

2.       add MicrosoftReportViewer control

3.       create an object for binding

4.       select design a new report, from report viewer task, then goes through the reports Wizard steps

5.       in code be hide add binding datasource

6.       run the project then it error out as follow:

An error occurred during local report processing

An error occurred during rendering of the report

An error occurred during rendering of the report

Font ‘Arial’ does not support style ‘Regular’

Try again with  VS2005:

1.       create project with window form

2.       add reportviewer control

3.       select design a new report, then a report1.rdlc appear

drag a table or matrix from toolbox to report1 work area, then an error dialog box came up with Font ‘Arial’ does not support style ‘Regular’

I looked thru a few related links to Font ‘Arial’ does not support style ‘Regular’; and followed their suggests I still cannot get report to rendering and display its contents.  

I had try different font by the tools options and font & color; delete and copy Arial font family to windows\font and reinstall VS.

There is one person suggested that his link was broken from the server and his font was okay after he fix the link.

So my question is if my problem is because the broken link then how can I fix it? I use local machine and has no server. Or my problem is totally something else.

Thursday, October 08, 2009 2:14 PM

Answers

• Well, I think for my problem condition must be with the link b/w VS and fonts folder. I do not know how to fix it so I just delete the Arial files out from the fonts folder (do not reinstall it back).  Then I run my program and the table rendering and display correctly.  

From that I think VS must force itself to look for different fonts and rendering with whatever it found next because my VS taps such as Solution Explorer has different font.

It will be nice that I can fix the link somehow.

For now I can live with what I got.

Friday, October 09, 2009 4:18 PM
  • Hello,

Sorry for the delay, it is so great to hear that you have it solved, I guess the message indicates that the Arial is corrupted, you could delete the font file as you did, or we could try fixing the Arial font. I think you can get it off your OS disc (if you have one). Just look through the i386 folder on the disc and look for arial. Copy it to your computer, rename the extention to .cab, and extract it. Then right click and install.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at EMAIL GONE.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 2:31 AM

All replies

• Well, I think for my problem condition must be with the link b/w VS and fonts folder. I do not know how to fix it so I just delete the Arial files out from the fonts folder (do not reinstall it back).  Then I run my program and the table rendering and display correctly.  

From that I think VS must force itself to look for different fonts and rendering with whatever it found next because my VS taps such as Solution Explorer has different font.

It will be nice that I can fix the link somehow.

For now I can live with what I got.

Friday, October 09, 2009 4:18 PM
  • Hello,

Sorry for the delay, it is so great to hear that you have it solved, I guess the message indicates that the Arial is corrupted, you could delete the font file as you did, or we could try fixing the Arial font. I think you can get it off your OS disc (if you have one). Just look through the i386 folder on the disc and look for arial. Copy it to your computer, rename the extention to .cab, and extract it. Then right click and install.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at EMAIL GONE.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 2:31 AM